Unexploded Ordnances, The Platform, Glasgow 26 May, 2018
26 May, 2018 – 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Platform Glasgow, The Bridge, Glasgow G34 9JW
Presented by Take Me Somewhere, National Theatre of Scotland and Platform with support from Luminate and Outspoken Arts Scotland.
Take Me Somewhere brings iconic lesbian-feminist theatre company, Split Britches to Platform for the 2018 Take Me Somewhere festival.
Combining a Dr Strangelove-inspired performance with a daring forum for public conversation, UXO explores ageing, anxiety, hidden desires and how to look forward when the future is uncertain.
In the Situation Room, twelve audience members are invited to become a Council of Elders to discuss the global issues of the day, as the company weave in satirical insights and humour. Adopting the characters of a bombastic general and ineffectual president, Peggy Shaw and Lois Weaver (Split Britches) lace this interactive piece with both playful urgency and lethargy, encouraging discussion about the political landscape.
‘two of the foremothers of American women’s theater’ OffOffOnline
Take Me Somewhere is Glasgow’s new festival of contemporary performance, building on the legacy of The Arches, following its closure in 2015. The festival combines the best home-grown talent with some of the world’s most cutting-edge contemporary performers as part of an exciting programme of events. Take Me Somewhere aims to provide a crucial support structure to Scotland’s most innovative and exciting community of artists and makers. The inaugural festival in 2017 was a huge success with both critics and audiences, selling out at venues across Glasgow.takemesomewhere.co.uk
- International Women’s Day – #EachforEqual: What Difference Does a Decade Make?
- East Dunbartonshire Schools Jazz Orchestra and Percussion Ensemble Easter Concert
- Cottiers Pub Quiz
- Tram Direct presents ‘Islets of Silence’ (The C Word)
- Roots Festival – An Evening with Wullie, George and Friends
- National Library of Scotland Kelvin Hall – World Thinking Day
- Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson – Book Launch Party
- Evening of Stories and Songs with Kirstin Innes and Outi Smith
- Aye Write 2020: Memoirs and Confessions – Justified Sinners Speakeasy
- A Beautiful Day in The Neighbourhood, GFT
- Lavinia Blackwall & Stilton, Lynnie Carson & The Hawking Gimmiks
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Jazz On A Summer’s Day
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020, Disco
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Simple Women presented by Femspectives
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Rocks
- Parasite GFT
- Pity Party Film Club Tangerine CCA
- Valentine’s Day at GFT 2020
- A Streetcar Named Desire, GFT
- True Romance, Late Night Movie at GFT