Unexploded Ordnances, The Platform, Glasgow 26 May, 2018
26 May, 2018 – 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Platform Glasgow, The Bridge, Glasgow G34 9JW
Presented by Take Me Somewhere, National Theatre of Scotland and Platform with support from Luminate and Outspoken Arts Scotland.
Take Me Somewhere brings iconic lesbian-feminist theatre company, Split Britches to Platform for the 2018 Take Me Somewhere festival.
Combining a Dr Strangelove-inspired performance with a daring forum for public conversation, UXO explores ageing, anxiety, hidden desires and how to look forward when the future is uncertain.
In the Situation Room, twelve audience members are invited to become a Council of Elders to discuss the global issues of the day, as the company weave in satirical insights and humour. Adopting the characters of a bombastic general and ineffectual president, Peggy Shaw and Lois Weaver (Split Britches) lace this interactive piece with both playful urgency and lethargy, encouraging discussion about the political landscape.
‘two of the foremothers of American women’s theater’ OffOffOnline
Take Me Somewhere is Glasgow’s new festival of contemporary performance, building on the legacy of The Arches, following its closure in 2015. The festival combines the best home-grown talent with some of the world’s most cutting-edge contemporary performers as part of an exciting programme of events. Take Me Somewhere aims to provide a crucial support structure to Scotland’s most innovative and exciting community of artists and makers. The inaugural festival in 2017 was a huge success with both critics and audiences, selling out at venues across Glasgow.takemesomewhere.co.uk
- How to Manage Hip and Knee Pain
- Truck Art at The Mela
- In Focus: 16 Years: Gigs in Scotland 1974 – 1990 Online Book Launch
- Tony Singh: Glasgow Mela Food Cooking Demo
- Creative Conversations: Homi K Bhabha
- World of International Film Festival 2020
- Creative Thursdays – Jewish Textile Art
- Project-Ability, Virtual Exhibition
- Rocks at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Virtual Glasgow Mela 2020
- GYFF Miss Junetenth GFT
- GYFF: Back to the Future
- Nocturnal GFT
- Sounds in the Suburbs 5th Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Glasgow Museum’s Resource Centre: Glasgow’ Smallest Doors
- Raman Mondair – Choreographies of Dance
- Freddy Anderson – collected poems and prose book release
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- Tidelines Book Festival 2020