Unesco International Jazz Day Glasgow 30 April, 2016
Events and concerts in Glasgow from 11am – 11.30pm on Saturday 30 April 2016
Joining venues across the world to celebrate International Jazz Day. It’s a unique chance for jazz lovers to indulge themselves, and for the uninitiated to get a taste of this great genre.
Drop into a free Jazz Club from 11am – 5pm, join a Jazz Choir workshop to learn some singing secrets, or bring your little ones to fun family workshops.
Book tickets for evening concerts to hear two of the greatest male voices in jazz:
Pop Up Jazz in Exhibition Hall – Royal Concert Hall
Celebrate UNESCO International Jazz Day by chilling out in a special pop-up Jazz Club, in the Exhibition Hall of Glasgow Royal Concert Hall.
Saturday 30 April, 2016
From 11am to 5pm enjoy performances from a range of groups and bands. everyone welcome, whether you are an avid fan or just fancy hearing some live jazz for the first time. All the music is free to enjoy and the Exhibition Bar will be open.
11:00 Byres Road Big Band
12:15 Paul Towndrow and Steve Hamilton
13:30 Jazz Choir Scotland
14:30 Glasgow Schools Big Band
16:00 Ken Mathieson Classic Jazz Orchestra
UNESCO International Jazz day: GIO Kids
Free – Drop-in – no ticket required 30 April 2016, 12.00PM
A fun interactive workshop for young music
lovers between 5-7 years old! In Glasgow Improvisers Orchestra (GIO), see professional musicians play a variety of instruments, get hands-on and try them yourself, and have a fantastic amount of fun creating music together.
This one-hour session in the City of Music Studio is free, no ticket required.
Glasgow Concert Hall
2 Sauchiehall Street
Peak Time Jazz from the Concourse
Saturday 30 April, 2016
Glasgow Central Station
Gordon Strret Glasgow City Centre
- The Sea of Paperwork Exhibition – Maryhill Integration Network
- Sonica Festival 2022
- Trans – I Got Life at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Cicada, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Temple Grandin plus Recorded Q & A, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Mass, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Nightmare Alley, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Memory Box, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Belfast, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Compass Gallery: Gary Anderson RSW : Thoughts and Contemplations
- Scottish Opera Breath Cycle Programme for Long Covid Patients
- Refugee Week Conference 2022
- Kavya Prize – New Writers Prize To Celebrate Scotland’s Ethnically Diverse Communities
- Second International Alasdair Gray Conference
- People’s Palace 124th Birthday Celebration
- Glasgow National Park City AGM
- Spotlight on Stress- free online masterclass
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: A New Kid On The Block
- Beyond Form Creative Writing Courses