Unesco International Jazz Day Glasgow 30 April, 2016
Events and concerts in Glasgow from 11am – 11.30pm on Saturday 30 April 2016
Joining venues across the world to celebrate International Jazz Day. It’s a unique chance for jazz lovers to indulge themselves, and for the uninitiated to get a taste of this great genre.
Drop into a free Jazz Club from 11am – 5pm, join a Jazz Choir workshop to learn some singing secrets, or bring your little ones to fun family workshops.
Book tickets for evening concerts to hear two of the greatest male voices in jazz:
Pop Up Jazz in Exhibition Hall – Royal Concert Hall
Celebrate UNESCO International Jazz Day by chilling out in a special pop-up Jazz Club, in the Exhibition Hall of Glasgow Royal Concert Hall.
Saturday 30 April, 2016
From 11am to 5pm enjoy performances from a range of groups and bands. everyone welcome, whether you are an avid fan or just fancy hearing some live jazz for the first time. All the music is free to enjoy and the Exhibition Bar will be open.
11:00 Byres Road Big Band
12:15 Paul Towndrow and Steve Hamilton
13:30 Jazz Choir Scotland
14:30 Glasgow Schools Big Band
16:00 Ken Mathieson Classic Jazz Orchestra
UNESCO International Jazz day: GIO Kids
Free – Drop-in – no ticket required 30 April 2016, 12.00PM
A fun interactive workshop for young music
lovers between 5-7 years old! In Glasgow Improvisers Orchestra (GIO), see professional musicians play a variety of instruments, get hands-on and try them yourself, and have a fantastic amount of fun creating music together.
This one-hour session in the City of Music Studio is free, no ticket required.
Glasgow Concert Hall
2 Sauchiehall Street
Peak Time Jazz from the Concourse
Saturday 30 April, 2016
Glasgow Central Station
Gordon Strret Glasgow City Centre
- Scenes for Survival Courier Culture
- G20 Festival Safe Play for Children Under 11
- Murder at the Mela by Leela Soma
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Summer Art Sessions Woodlands Community
- Outdoor Activities Woodlands Community
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Climate Change The Facts David Attenborough Savvy Film
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Food Truck and Craft Beer Festival Rouken Glen
- Drive In Movies Paisley
- Anna (Young Adults Book) by Laura Guthrie
- Edinburgh Film Festival At Home
- A Northern Extravaganza with Shetlandic Poets Christie Williamson and Roseann Watt
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- World Refugee Day Saturday 20 June, 2020
- Sunset Sessions with Alan Frew
- Joan of Arc Glasgow Film Theatre – Virtual Cinema
- French Film Festival UK November – December 2020
- Nurture through Nature – one to one support Woodlands Community