T.Rex is in Town, Kelvin Hall, Glasgow
18 April – 31 July, 2019
Information for Schools
This unique exhibition provides an opportunity for school groups to see a real fossilised Tyrannosaurus rex skeleton and learn more about the world’s most famous dinosaur.
School groups can take advantage of a special price tickets – £5 per pupil with 1 free adult for every 10 pupils.
To book your visit or to find out more, please call Glasgow Museums’ bookings team on 0141 276 9505 / 9506 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Packed lunch spaces are available, please ask at the time of booking.
As with other major exhibitions, hosting ‘T.rex in Town’ is only made possible by generating income through ticket sales. The Tyrannosaurus rex skeleton on display is an incredibly rare and important fossil which is being brought to the UK for the first time solely for this exhibition, and as such it requires special care and conditions. The revenue generated by ticket sales makes it possible to bring exciting exhibitions of this scale and significance to Glasgow. Every effort is made to ensure that tickets are reasonably priced.
There are concessions and family tickets available, as well as separate pricing for school groups.
The exhibition is open from 10am-5pm daily. Pre-booked tickets are available for timed entry to ensure any queuing for customers is minimised.
Although timed entry is allocated on an hourly basis this will not prohibit customers from staying longer during quieter periods. Tickets will also be available on the day at the Kelvin Hall reception desk.
Child (3-16 years): £8
Family Ticket (2 adults, 2 children): £39.50
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Scenes for Survival Courier Culture
- G20 Festival Safe Play for Children Under 11
- Murder at the Mela by Leela Soma
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Summer Art Sessions Woodlands Community
- Outdoor Activities Woodlands Community
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Climate Change The Facts David Attenborough Savvy Film
- Food Truck and Craft Beer Festival Rouken Glen
- Drive In Movies Paisley
- Anna (Young Adults Book) by Laura Guthrie
- Edinburgh Film Festival At Home
- A Northern Extravaganza with Shetlandic Poets Christie Williamson and Roseann Watt
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- World Refugee Day Saturday 20 June, 2020
- Sunset Sessions with Alan Frew
- Joan of Arc Glasgow Film Theatre – Virtual Cinema
- French Film Festival UK November – December 2020
- Nurture through Nature – one to one support Woodlands Community