“Trainspotting The Italian Chapter” madness or success beyond the borders
The fan movie of Trainspotting is real and was born in Italy thanks to The Gladiator Company. A team of guys made a script completely inspired by the Scottish cult movie but hiding details of the original film.
“I wanted create something that was a tribute but that people understood even without knowing Boyle’s films.”
“I am a big fan of Carlyle so I decided to play Begbie. The plot is revisited, I hope people like it.” Valentina Galdi (scriptwriter and director)
About the Film
The fan movie takes place in Salerno and it represents a mix between Trainspotting and the sequel T2 Trainspotting. There are some scenes filmed in a similar way to the original like Begbie’s famous bar scene and Renton’s money theft. However, the focus is not so much on drug issues but focuses on mainly human relationships.
This is why the principal cast developed good chemistry and friendship.
Serra (Renton) played by Francesco Luongo is the key and his betrayal is the starting point.
Dany (Spud) played by Marzio Sparla is the most naive of the group.
Simo (Sick Boy) played by Manuel Sparla is the coolest guy, he never changes.
Cino (Begbie) played by Valentina Galdi is the psycho girl with her own motives.
The cast is also composed of Simona Patella, Alessia Dello Buono, Gianluca Cammarano, Francesco Pantalena and others.
The crew saw the collaboration of several people from different countries who worked together with the usual pillars of The Gladiator Company: Giovanni Rocco, Giuseppe D’Antuono and Gaetano Antonucci.
This section: Cinema
Filed under: Cinema
- World of International Film Festival 2020
- Rocks at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- GYFF Miss Junetenth GFT
- GYFF: Back to the Future
- Nocturnal GFT
- Raman Mondair – Choreographies of Dance
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- BFI London Film Festival 2020 at GFT
- September Programme at G.FT.
- The Lady in the Portrait GFT
- Make Up, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Glasgow Film Theatre – Re-opening Programme
- “Trainspotting The Italian Chapter” madness or success beyond the borders
- White Riot, Govanhill International Festival
- Govanhill International Festival 2020
- Take One Action 2020
- Edinburgh Festivals Past 1954 – 1969
- Glasgow Short Film Festival Online