Thistle Gallery, Super Spring Show, March 15th until April 2nd, 2017
Steal a March on the Thistle Gallery’s Super Spring Show
With Spring just around the corner lift your spirits with a visit to Thistle Gallery for their early Spring Show featuring the work of many popular artists among them: Linda Park, Jackie Henderson, Julie Coulter, Sheila Fowler, Jennifer Irvine, Peter Nardini, Mark Holden, Georgie Young, Ian Rawnsley, Moy Mackay, Martin Oates, Laura Kearney, Graham McLachlan, Sam McCubbin and Evelyn Hogarth.
And this month Thistle are welcoming four new artists to the Gallery ~ Belgian Pascale Steenkiste whose textured abstract paintings and vibrant use of vivid colour will,leave their mark, Cathleen Nyman, originally from Sweden, whose figurative ballet studies in muted shades accentuate the fluidity of her compositions and Louise Matheson whose striking abstract work makes skilful use of Dutch metal and whose lustre lingers. And finally Danish artisan glass designer Elin Isaksson whose Vases and Vessels are truly breathtaking.
And obviously, with Mother’s Day just around the corner, there is a wide array of bespoke gifts within the Gallery for all mums…a new range of Dorte Pape’s glass birds, designer Iona Crawford’s magnificent silk scarves always in vogue and whose new designs are both intricate and feminine; Alex Johannsen’s comical ceramic canines which always make you smile and eight talented jewellery designers also have exhibits to dazzle …among them Alexa Hope, Amanda Johnson, Carol Docherty, Eileen MacAlister, Robin Kinsman Blake, Claire Spencer, Helen Swan and David Murray.
The Exhibition runs from March 15th until April 2nd inclusive.
The Thistle Gallery, 56 Park Rd, Glasgow G4 9JF
- GYFF Miss Junetenth GFT
- GYFF: Back to the Future
- Nocturnal GFT
- Sounds in the Suburbs 5th Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Glasgow Museum’s Resource Centre: Glasgow’ Smallest Doors
- Raman Mondair – Choreographies of Dance
- Freddy Anderson – collected poems and prose book release
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- Tidelines Book Festival 2020
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- To Meat or Not to Meat – Climate Action
- Stories from the Briggait – Glasgow Doors Open Day
- BFI London Film Festival 2020 at GFT
- Big Wednesday Night Quiz QMU
- Window Works by Sean Ellcombe RGI Glasgow
- Hip Hop to Opera via Negro Spirituals
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- September Programme at G.FT.
- John Byrne at 80 – Glasgow Print Studio
- Fury by David Morley – Carcanet Press Online Book Launch