Thistle Gallery, Super Spring Show, March 15th until April 2nd, 2017
Steal a March on the Thistle Gallery’s Super Spring Show
With Spring just around the corner lift your spirits with a visit to Thistle Gallery for their early Spring Show featuring the work of many popular artists among them: Linda Park, Jackie Henderson, Julie Coulter, Sheila Fowler, Jennifer Irvine, Peter Nardini, Mark Holden, Georgie Young, Ian Rawnsley, Moy Mackay, Martin Oates, Laura Kearney, Graham McLachlan, Sam McCubbin and Evelyn Hogarth.
And this month Thistle are welcoming four new artists to the Gallery ~ Belgian Pascale Steenkiste whose textured abstract paintings and vibrant use of vivid colour will,leave their mark, Cathleen Nyman, originally from Sweden, whose figurative ballet studies in muted shades accentuate the fluidity of her compositions and Louise Matheson whose striking abstract work makes skilful use of Dutch metal and whose lustre lingers. And finally Danish artisan glass designer Elin Isaksson whose Vases and Vessels are truly breathtaking.
And obviously, with Mother’s Day just around the corner, there is a wide array of bespoke gifts within the Gallery for all mums…a new range of Dorte Pape’s glass birds, designer Iona Crawford’s magnificent silk scarves always in vogue and whose new designs are both intricate and feminine; Alex Johannsen’s comical ceramic canines which always make you smile and eight talented jewellery designers also have exhibits to dazzle …among them Alexa Hope, Amanda Johnson, Carol Docherty, Eileen MacAlister, Robin Kinsman Blake, Claire Spencer, Helen Swan and David Murray.
The Exhibition runs from March 15th until April 2nd inclusive.
The Thistle Gallery, 56 Park Rd, Glasgow G4 9JF
- Candlelight Spoken Word Open Mic
- The Flying Dug Quiz Night, Glasgow
- Wakeful Screening at CCA
- The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson, West End Launch
- Celtic Connections 2020 Hannah Read and Andy Monaghan review by Fionnuala Boyle
- Opening and Closing Galas announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Celine and Julie Go Boating, GFT
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Different from Others with Illustrated Talk, GFT
- Finish Exposure Films from the Arctic
- Waves GFT
- Bombshell GFT
- Chinese Visual Festival 2020
- Coastal Connections Festival 2020 review and photography by Pauline Keightley
- Preview: Parasite + Satellite Q&A with Bong Joon-ho-GFT
- Bohemia Bespoke Vintage Wedding Fair
- Cottiers Burns Supper and Ceilidh
- Burns Night (excellent)
- Burns Night Ceilidh, Stereo
- This is not a Burns Night – Dance of the Underclass