St Patrick’s Day in Glasgow, Festival and other events 2017
Family Fun Day Saturday 18 March, Merchant Square
The Family Fun Day returns with more great craic in Merchant Square!
The Festival is run in conjunction with Tourism Ireland with a day of music, song and dance.
The event was attended by over 6,000 people in 2016 and the Merchant Square is the perfect place for all the family to come along and enjoy the day under the safety of the enlclosed roof.
The best of live Irish music and songs from headliners The Wakes plus St Rochs Ceilí band, St Francis Pipe Band, Irish Dancing World Champions , Irish Ceili Dancing , face painting, balloon artist, stilt walkers and much more!
Merchant Square has a choice of restaurants and bars to cater for all tastes.
A brilliant celebration of all things Irish!
Merchant Square, 71 Albion Street, G1 1 NY
St Patrick’s Weekend – George Donaldson Week-end at Jinty McGuinty’s Friday 17 – Sunday 19, March, 2017.
Bringing you the very best of music, Rugby and much more: facepainters, Outdoor Guinness bar, Guinness Photo booth, Fresh Shamrock from Co Kerry, Fresh Local Oysters and giveaways……. Friday Music from 12 till 1 am close….. Sat music from 7pm after the live Rugby till 1am close….. Sunday music from 5 till 12pm close …Catch you there 🙂 all free no tickets needed With Scott Reid McWatt, Caroline Wright, Chris Suckle, David McKellar, Stuart Macfarlane, Starsky Cartmell, Alex Wayt and Lily Kearns.
Jinty MgGuinty, 21-29 Ashton Lane, G12 8SJ
St Patrick’s Day Comedy Special at The Stand – Friday, 17 March, 2017
Celebrate St Patrick’s day in style with Ireland’s finest under one roof. Excellent value Celtic showcase.
‘Wonderful line-up truly justifies show’s title’ Evening News
The Stand Comedy Club, 333 Woodlands Rd, Glasgow G3 6NG
Fundraiser Kings Park Hotel
Friday 17 March, 2017 – 7.30 p.m.
Come along to The King’s Park Hotel on St Paddy’s for a fun filled night – all for a good cause! Quigley’s Point will perform live to get your hands a’clappin and your toes a ‘tappin!! Also Irish dancing from the wonderful Sharon Taylor Academy, and there will be a raffle with great prizes on the night!
Proceeds to go to Childreach International, a fantastic children’s rights charity.
Doors open at 7.30 and tickets are £10 each. Join us for a bit of Craic and a boogie… See you on the dancefloor!
Kings Park Hotel, Mill Street, Rutherglen, G73 2LX
Stuart Cosgrove & Tam Cowan: Off The Bawl Overview
Friday 17 March, 2017
Tam Cowan and Stuart Cosgrove are the dynamic duo from BBC Radio Scotland’s Off the Ball, the self-proclaimed ‘most petty and ill-informed football show on radio.’ Tonight they are live at the Glasgow International Comedy Festival offering a blend of chat with a special guest host, covering football, scandal and self-revelation.
Kings Theatre, 297 Bath St, Glasgow G2 4JN
- Feeding the City – screening and panel discussion
- Dumb Instrument with Duglas T Stewart
- COP26 – The Sacred Forest at GFT
- COP26: The Plan That Came From The Bottom Up
- Black British Cinema – Routes of Representation
- I Am Belmaya GFT
- The End of Evangelion GFT
- Never Gonna Snow Again, Glasgow Film Theatre
- The French Dispatch, GFT
- Black Histories on Film at Glasgow Film Theatre 2021
- A Play, A Pie and A Pint Autumn Programme 2021
- Opening Time – A Play, A Pie and A Pint
- Talks, The Hunterian, Black History Month 2021
- Arracht – Glasgow Film Theatre
- Cats Protection Jade Carrera Art Event
- Christmas Appeal Benefit – The Primevals
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Black History Month
- The Carlton Jug Band at the Clutha
- Urban Potentials Exhibition Launch
- Halloween 2021 – Spooktacular Walk, Glasgow Green