Theatre Glasgow: Miss Julie, The Citz, 6 – 15th February
Flirting and Fighting at the Citizens Theatre
6 Feb 2014 to 15 Feb 2014
A flirtatious contest for power becomes a vicious struggle for survival. With Sherlock’s Louise Brealey. Only 9 performances!
In the oppressive heat of summer, Julie is drawn into a dangerous game with her father’s butler, John. As the night wears on, the couple from opposite ends of the social spectrum, flirt and fight towards an explosive conclusion.
A thrilling upstairs-downstairs liaison, played out against a background of industrial and social unrest, August Strindberg’s masterpiece is relocated to 1920s Scotland in this powerful new version of the classic European play. Louise Brealey, star of the BBC’s Sherlock takes the title role of Miss Julie.
Zinnie Harris has written extensively for theatre and television including the acclaimed The Wheel, Further than the Furthest Thing, Midwinter, Fall and the BBC’s Spooks.
A new version by Zinnie Harris, based on Strindberg’s play
Prices: £19.50 (concessions available)
Box Office 429 0022
Information and booking http://citz.co.uk/whatson/info/miss_julie/
“What happens between John and Julie is horrifying – something putatively domestic suddenly feels like Greek tragedy”
Louise Brealey in The Guardian
Photo: Eoin Carey
Citizens Theatre, 119 Gorbals Street, Glasgow, G5 9DS
- Scottish Ensemble Common Sound at Cottiers
- Artie’s Halloween Singing Kettle at Cottiers
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Siobhan Miller at Websters Theatre
- Bill W and Dr Bob, Websters Theatre
- A Christmas Carol- A Hauntingly Hilarious Family Panto!
- A Play, A Pie and A Pint Autumn Programme 2021
- Heidi Talbot and Boo Hewerdine at Websters Theatre
- Islets of Silence, The C Word, Websters Theatre
- Bend it like Bertie, Websters’ Theatre
- West End in the West End at Websters
- Touring Scotland – Pop Up Opera 2021
- James McAvoy Edinburgh Youth Theatre – Masterclass
- Scenes for Survival – Danni the Champion NTS
- Scottish Opera – Pop Up Opera
- Scenes for Survival Courier Culture
- Short Attention Span Theatre during Lockdown
- Sweet Charity, Websters Theatre
- Compañía Maria “la Serrana” Santuario, Cottiers, Glasgow