The University of Glasgow: Friendly Shelves
The first full, and gloriously illustrated, account of the birth and growth of The University of Glasgow Library from the Renaissance and Reformation; through the emerging Enlightenment; Industrial Expansion & Migration; War, Peace & Opportunity and on to New Horizons is being publicly launched at the University in mid June.
This new book of 288 pages on art paper with over 250 illustrations of many of its unique and distinctive holdings of international status, is being sold in hardback, softback and e-book editions.
Published by The Friends of Glasgow University Library in association with the University Library, all proceeds are being donated to support the Library`s programme of public engagement.
As the book flyer states …..
“The Library stands high, physically on University Avenue, and on the shoulders of those who have gone before, in the pursuit of knowledge for its own sake and for the benefit of all. The Digital Revolution, equal to the fifteenth-century invention of the printing press which democratised learning, is enabling the Library to unlock its many treasures and make them more widely available here and overseas.
Read all about it, and enjoy the visual delights!”
There is an introductory Special Pre-Publication Offer open until 12th June with savings per copy of up to 25% by ordering now either in person at the University Gift Shop (open seven days a week) or by phoning the shop at 0141 330 5511 or online through www.friendsofgul.org which is the new website of the Friends.
- Sonica Festival 2022
- Trans – I Got Life at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Cicada, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Temple Grandin plus Recorded Q & A, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Mass, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Nightmare Alley, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Memory Box, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Belfast, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Compass Gallery: Gary Anderson RSW : Thoughts and Contemplations
- Scottish Opera Breath Cycle Programme for Long Covid Patients
- Refugee Week Conference 2022
- Kavya Prize – New Writers Prize To Celebrate Scotland’s Ethnically Diverse Communities
- Second International Alasdair Gray Conference
- People’s Palace 124th Birthday Celebration
- Glasgow National Park City AGM
- Spotlight on Stress- free online masterclass
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: A New Kid On The Block
- Beyond Form Creative Writing Courses
- Glasgow Film Festival 2022 – More Events Announced