The University of Glasgow: Friendly Shelves
The first full, and gloriously illustrated, account of the birth and growth of The University of Glasgow Library from the Renaissance and Reformation; through the emerging Enlightenment; Industrial Expansion & Migration; War, Peace & Opportunity and on to New Horizons is being publicly launched at the University in mid June.
This new book of 288 pages on art paper with over 250 illustrations of many of its unique and distinctive holdings of international status, is being sold in hardback, softback and e-book editions.
Published by The Friends of Glasgow University Library in association with the University Library, all proceeds are being donated to support the Library`s programme of public engagement.
As the book flyer states …..
“The Library stands high, physically on University Avenue, and on the shoulders of those who have gone before, in the pursuit of knowledge for its own sake and for the benefit of all. The Digital Revolution, equal to the fifteenth-century invention of the printing press which democratised learning, is enabling the Library to unlock its many treasures and make them more widely available here and overseas.
Read all about it, and enjoy the visual delights!”
There is an introductory Special Pre-Publication Offer open until 12th June with savings per copy of up to 25% by ordering now either in person at the University Gift Shop (open seven days a week) or by phoning the shop at 0141 330 5511 or online through www.friendsofgul.org which is the new website of the Friends.
- Gathering the Seeds, Woodlands Community
- West End Festival 2021
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride
- Siobhan Miller at Websters Theatre
- Bill W and Dr Bob, Websters Theatre
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- A Christmas Carol- A Hauntingly Hilarious Family Panto!
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Networking Climate Cafe – SCCAN