The Tailor of Inverness WebstersTheatre
4 May, 2019 – 7.30 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Dogstar Theatre Company presents
THE TAILOR OF INVERNESS
Krawiec z Invernessu
Written and performed by Matthew Zajac
With Jonny Hardie/Gavin Marwick on violin
Directed by Ben Harrison
Designed by Ali Maclaurin
Musical direction by Jonny Hardie & Gavin Marwick
Matthew Zajac’s international hit show about his Polish father goes on its 6th Scottish tour. The Tailor of Inverness has entranced over 36,000 people, playing in a huge variety of venues from prestigious theatres in cities which include New York, Adelaide, Kiev, Malmo and Berlin to tiny village halls. This is a rare chance to see this unforgettable and moving story of displacement and survival in war-torn Europe, a powerful allegory for all victims of war.
Winner of a Scotsman Fringe First, the Stage Best Solo Performer Award at the Edinburgh Fringe and the 2009 Best Actor Award from the Scottish Critics.
“A towering piece of work” Sunday Independent, Ireland
“Compelling, impassioned…a fine actor” New York Times
“A universal work of theatre.” Sunday Herald
“A triumph” The Observer
“A must…Zajac is truly a visionary” Broadway World, New York
“Compelling and magical.” Edinburgh Evening News
“Deeply affecting” London Evening Standard
“Don’t miss it.” Radio Adelaide
“The most electrifying theatre imaginable” ayoungertheatre.com
“Brilliantly encapsulates the effects of war on individuals, families and societies” The List
Tickets are £13.50 including a £1.50 booking fee which is applicable on all tickets including those bought on the day, in person and on the phone.
For ticket purchases or enquiries, please contact the box office on email@example.com or call 0141 357 4000. Phone messages and emails to the Box Office are checked at least once a day, Tuesdays to Saturdays.
Websters Theatre, 416 Great Western Rd, Glasgow G4 9HZ
This section: What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
Filed under: What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
- Scenes for Survival Courier Culture
- Short Attention Span Theatre during Lockdown
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Sweet Charity, Websters Theatre
- Compañía Maria “la Serrana” Santuario, Cottiers, Glasgow
- Connect Choir, Cottiers Theatre
- Christina Bianco – ‘Diva-filled Show’ at Cottiers
- Tron Creative Presents: Table Read 6
- Rabbie: Scotland’s Superstar – Websters Theatre
- Underwood Lane by John Byrne, The Tron
- Don’t Stop Me Now, The Tron
- Runner by Chris McQueer
- New Works Festival at Websters Theatre
- East Dunbartonshire Schools Jazz Orchestra and Percussion Ensemble Easter Concert
- Tram Direct presents ‘Islets of Silence’ (The C Word)
- The Three Gospels of Jimmy Reid by Kevin P. Gilday
- Are We Being Deported Now?
- Eight Songs For A Mad King at Cottiers
- The Snow Queen Scottish Ballet
- A Lad in Maryhill, Pantomime, Maryhill 2019