The Southside Souk, Refugee Week Glasgow, 21st June, 2014
The Southside Souk
Saturday 21st June
12:00pm – 5:00pm
Part of Refugee Week
People make Glasgow. And people from around the world make Glasgow even better.
In this new monthly market – founded by Claire (a South African now living in Glasgow) and Mel (who is from an immigrant family) – we will be celebrating and showing off the multiculturalism and diversity of our city, with food, music and craft stalls from around the world.
The Bookery, our resident second-hand book shop will be open, and we will be selling our usual tea and homemade cakes (all proceeds to help build libraries in South African schools).
Afrodeesia and David Barbarossa will be playing African tunes and world music all afternoon. Habibi Kitchen will be serving delicious Middle-Eastern food.
The first Southside Souk is in aid of Refugee Week. Optional donation on the door, with door money going towards the Scottish Refugee Council. Kids free.
If you are interested in having a stall call Mel on 07813931003
The Old Barn is located at Dumbreck Stables (formerly Dumbreck Riding School) in Pollok Country Park on the southside of Glasgow.
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
Filed under: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
- Christmas Appeal Benefit – The Primevals
- Folk Wi’ The Patter – Shaun Moore
- African Wall Art and Stories by Lantern Light
- Black History Month, Being A Black Woman in Society Today
- COP26 Glasgow Trade Union and Workers Bloc
- Black Histories on Film at Glasgow Film Theatre 2021
- BFI London Film Festival 2021 at Glasgow Film Theatre
- French Film Festival UK 2021
- October Break Free Food Giveaway Glasgow’s East End
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Tanna Slamma Ding Dong, Tannahill Arts Festival
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- The Children’s Wood – Nicola Davies with Readings and Screening
- St Andrew’s Day– Torchlight Parade
- West End Festival 2021
- Family Weekender at Websters
- Screening: It’s Not All Rock and Roll
- Glasgow’s Golden Generation – October Bunjee Jump
- The Sorries at Cottiers
- Gathering the Seeds, Woodlands Community