The Sorries at Cottiers
1 October, 2021 at 7.30 p.m.
Cottiers, 93-95 Hyndland St, Glasgow, G11 5PU
The Sorries Live in Concert
With guitars, bodhrans and mandolin in hand, The Sorries sing, play and banter their way through a selection of songs from the much-loved Scottish songbook. Although some date back over 300 years, the pair’s arrangements and harmonies make the tunes sound as vibrant as ever.
Their 14 year career has seen The Sorries travel the country playing packed venues as diverse as Murrayfield Stadium, Eigg Community Hall, The Byre Theatre and the Thomas Paine Chapel in East Sussex. Late 2019 saw the duo head further afield and perform to a sell-out crowd in Moscow as they headlined the Samhain Festival in the Russian capital.
The band’s annual shows at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe – over 200 shows in 11 years – have garnered critical acclaim and established them as firm Fringe favourites, helping to build a loyal fan base which stretches from Clapham to California, and from the Western Isles to Western Australia.
What People Say About The Sorries
“Deliciously infectious…riotous fun that affirms just how alive Scottish folk music is.” Three Weeks
“Authentic, lively and hugely, hugely enjoyable.” Broadway Baby
“A must for lovers of Scots songs.” **** Edinburgh Spotlight
“Songs both rousing and reflective… entertainingly true to a noble, public-figureswatting tradition.” The Herald
“An essential immersion into the folk music of Scotland.” ***** Broadway World
You are required to wear face masks in the theatre in line with Scottish Government requirements when there is a performance.
Filed under: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Gig Guide plus Club Events, Pat's Home Page Blog, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Halloween 2021 – Spooktacular Walk, Glasgow Green
- Pumpkin v Turnip Lantern Event
- Blade – 4K GFT
- Last Night in Soho GFT
- Glasgow Hallowe’en Ghost Walk
- Hallowe’en – Spooky Kelvindale Woods
- Ice Box Halloween Gig Part 1
- Icebox Halloween Movie Night
- Hallowe’en Witch Market, Britannica Panopticon
- Landscapes Without Figures, The American South West by Ian R. Mitchell
- Scottish Poetry Library: Launch Poetry London 100th edition
- Opening Party – The Landing Hub Refuweegee Fundraiser
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- Feeding the City – screening and panel discussion
- Dumb Instrument with Duglas T Stewart
- COP26 – The Sacred Forest at GFT
- COP26: The Plan That Came From The Bottom Up
- Black British Cinema – Routes of Representation
- I Am Belmaya GFT
- The End of Evangelion GFT