Glasgow’s Golden Generation – October Bunjee Jump
Riverside Museum Saturday 16th October 2021
Riverside Museum, 100 Pointhouse Rd, Partick, Glasgow G3 8RS
Are you looking for your next adventure? GGC have the answer! A bungee jump at the Riverside Museum.
The 160ft Bungee Jump at the Riverside Museum in Glasgow offers an extremely exciting day out! As you travel the 160ft height you will enjoy views of the surrounding areas including the Glasgow Harbour. As you reach the top you will have a few seconds to prepare before hearing the famous countdown “3, 2, 1, Bungee!” and then…it’s up to you! Register for Bungee Jump
To take part you must be in good reasonable health. If you have any of the following conditions you should seek medical advice before jumping – High Blood Pressure, Heart Condition, Suffer from Dizziness or Epilepsy, Damage to neck, back, spinal column, legs or eyes, Asthma, Pregnancy, Alcohol (if you appear intoxicated you cannot jump) and Medication (please inform us if you are taking any form of medication). If you suffer from any of the above but have been given a doctors certificate, you will be requested to sign a non-standard waiver.
Jumpers aged 50 & over are required to have a doctors certificate to comply with UK Bungee Club insurance regulations. The maximum weight limit for a solo jumper is 120kg (18.9 stone). Waist harnesses fit waist size of 40cm (15.7 inches) to 125cm (49.2 inches).
Participants must be over 14 years of age to take part and those under 16 will require parent / guardian consent.
The jump is run by UK Bungee Club please have a look at their Frequently Asked Questions if you require more information.
Participants must agree to raise a minimum of £125 in sponsorship as this includes the cost of the jump with the remainder being donated to Glasgow’s Golden Generation.
Care in the autumn years…
Established in 1948 as Glasgow Old People’s Welfare Association (GOPWA), Glasgow’s Golden Generation is now Glasgow’s leading charity for the elderly.
Our charity aims to improve the quality of life of older adults in Glasgow through a variety of support services ranging from our 3 day care centres, clubs, community support, volunteering, befriending and welfare services.
- Halloween 2021 – Spooktacular Walk, Glasgow Green
- Pumpkin v Turnip Lantern Event
- Blade – 4K GFT
- Last Night in Soho GFT
- Glasgow Hallowe’en Ghost Walk
- Hallowe’en – Spooky Kelvindale Woods
- Ice Box Halloween Gig Part 1
- Icebox Halloween Movie Night
- Hallowe’en Witch Market, Britannica Panopticon
- Landscapes Without Figures, The American South West by Ian R. Mitchell
- Scottish Poetry Library: Launch Poetry London 100th edition
- Opening Party – The Landing Hub Refuweegee Fundraiser
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- Feeding the City – screening and panel discussion
- Dumb Instrument with Duglas T Stewart
- COP26 – The Sacred Forest at GFT
- COP26: The Plan That Came From The Bottom Up
- Black British Cinema – Routes of Representation
- I Am Belmaya GFT
- The End of Evangelion GFT