The Mackintosh Group, Helensburgh Library
The Mackintosh Group
Wednesday, 11th December, 7 p.m.
Helensburgh Library, West King Street, G84 8EB
Free wine and mince pies
The Mackintosh Group of Writers are not a club but a disparate and relaxed group of writers from the Vale, Balloch and Helensburgh who meet at the Helensburgh Library only to write and critique, discussing any problems that may arrive therein.
Robin Lloyd-Jones, Catriona Malan and Gordon Burgess from Helensburgh. Evelyn Lawrie and Mary Irvine from Alexandria and Ann MacKinnon from Balloch
It’s c. 18 months since the group started meeting – they have produced 6 booklets in that time and have also arranged regular, well attended meetings at the Helensburgh Library for local authors to showcase their work.
Programme for 11 December
7 -7.45 individual writers will read own choice of work – mixed genres
7.45 – 8.15 Break for wine and home-made mince pies – both free.
8.15 – 9ish Funny/Christmassy/Scurrilous writings
Everybody welcome and no charge
The latest pamphlet by the writers ‘Mysterious Death on Iona and other tales’ will be on sale at £2.
This section: Book and Event Reviews
Filed under: Book and Event Reviews
- GRIT Orchestra Celtic Connections 2020 photography and review Pauline Keightley
- Wrest and Maz O’Connor, Celtic Connections review Fionnuala Boyle
- The Pure Amazing Wiz of Oz review by Fionnuala Boyle
- The Mackintosh Group, Helensburgh Library
- Mary Irvine’s blog: West Dunbartonshire Book Week November 2019
- Wine Tasting at The Lansdowne – Mother India’s Cafe
- The Siren Awakes Book Launch – Linda Jackson review by Pat Byrne
- Scottish Writers Showcase University of Glasgow 2019
- Flour Power – Live Language School Glasgow
- Govanhill: Portrait of a Community review Pat Byrne
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Bruce Biddolph Outstanding as ‘The Inquisitor’
- Scottish PEN Writers In Exile review by Pat Byrne
- Pure Love – The Voice of Ella Fitzgerald review by Jim Byrne
- An Evening with Multi Award winning author Robin Lloyd-Jones
- Dan Richards Booked! Festival 2019 review Mary Irvine
- Mary Irvine review: Polly Clarke – the tiger lady! Booked! Festival
- Kerry Hudson’s Lowborn Tour, The Mitchell review Pat Byrne
- Richard Holloway ‘Waiting for the Last Bus’ review Mary Irvine
- Aye Write 2019! Sara Sheridan introduces Anne Griffin and Anstey Harris
- Aye Write: Tribes of Glasgow review by Pat Byrne