The Lansdowne Weekend Deal – review Pat Byrne
Tapas and Cocktails – What a fabulous treat
My niece, Danielle, invited me along to lunch at the Lansdowne on Saturday afternoon (24 July, 2021). It was her first time dining at this fantastic Glasgow restaurant but she knew I was a big fan.
It was my first time back eating inside a restaurant since the start of the pandemic so an exciting outing and lovely to be back in the Lansdowne. It was great to see Carlos back at the helm in ensuring everything running smoothly and safely.
The food, as ever, was delicious, and Danielle was very impressed by the excellent service and pleasant ambience.
The Weekend Deal
We took advantage of the fabulous weekend deal:
‘Enjoy two mains, a veggie side dish, naan & rice for 2 people to share, for only £24.**£1.75 surcharge for fish. Offer from 5pm onwards. To claim, either walk in, book online motherindia.co.uk or call on 0141 334 4653′
We started off with popadoms and dips then shared three generous tapas, Dak Bungalow Butter Chicken, Kerala Monkfish Curry and my favourite South Indian Ginger Lamb. From sundries we chose Garlic & Coriander Nan and Basmati Rice.
For drinks we each had a glass of Prosecco, a big jug of water and we finished off with delightful espresso martinis.
Thanks, Danielle, for a lovely day out. Great to be back in the Lansdowne.
See full menu below:
TAPAS STYLE DISHES
RICE, BREADS & SUNDRIES
Lemon & Cashew Nut Rice
Please note, some dishes may contain nuts, please check with the duty manager. All our food is cooked using fresh ingredients, therefore some dishes may take longer than others to prepare. Since lamb is seasonal, the produce may be mutton. Please ask the waiter.
The Lansdowne, 7A Lansdowne Crescent, Glasgow G20 6NQ
To Book Telephone 0141 334 4653
- Helen Rose’s Ourdoor Diary: English Lakes, Coniston
- Summer of Stories at The Hunterian
- Sma’ Shot Day 2022
- Reel Roots: Windrush at GFT
- Goldilocks Goes to Greece, Summer Panto OranMor
- Acting Up – Drama Workshops for Children and Young People
- Roy’s West End View: History is bunk …and it ends just outside London
- Our Past and Present Beautiful Lives: part of Refugee Week
- Eusebi Afternoon Tea – Charity Fundraiser
- Make Music Day 2022
- Glasgow Mela 2022
- Dandelion Festival Kelvingrove Park
- Exhibition: Origin of WA – Before the Mask
- Remembering and Celebrating Esther Brown
- B.A. Modern Ballet Graduation Performance 2022 Royal Conservatoire
- Science Sunday – Glasgow Science Festival 2022
- Rod Picott at The Glad Cafe
- Hurricane Season 2022 – Wullie Davidson
- Late Night: Twin Peaks – Fire Walk With Me 4k GFT
- Helen Rose’s Outdoor Diary: Stirling