The Lansdowne Weekend Deal – review Pat Byrne
Tapas and Cocktails – What a fabulous treat
My niece, Danielle, invited me along to lunch at the Lansdowne on Saturday afternoon (24 July, 2021). It was her first time dining at this fantastic Glasgow restaurant but she knew I was a big fan.
It was my first time back eating inside a restaurant since the start of the pandemic so an exciting outing and lovely to be back in the Lansdowne. It was great to see Carlos back at the helm in ensuring everything running smoothly and safely.
The food, as ever, was delicious, and Danielle was very impressed by the excellent service and pleasant ambience.
The Weekend Deal
We took advantage of the fabulous weekend deal:
‘Enjoy two mains, a veggie side dish, naan & rice for 2 people to share, for only £24.**£1.75 surcharge for fish. Offer from 5pm onwards. To claim, either walk in, book online motherindia.co.uk or call on 0141 334 4653′
We started off with popadoms and dips then shared three generous tapas, Dak Bungalow Butter Chicken, Kerala Monkfish Curry and my favourite South Indian Ginger Lamb. From sundries we chose Garlic & Coriander Nan and Basmati Rice.
For drinks we each had a glass of Prosecco, a big jug of water and we finished off with delightful espresso martinis.
Thanks, Danielle, for a lovely day out. Great to be back in the Lansdowne.
See full menu below:
TAPAS STYLE DISHES
RICE, BREADS & SUNDRIES
Lemon & Cashew Nut Rice
Please note, some dishes may contain nuts, please check with the duty manager. All our food is cooked using fresh ingredients, therefore some dishes may take longer than others to prepare. Since lamb is seasonal, the produce may be mutton. Please ask the waiter.
The Lansdowne, 7A Lansdowne Crescent, Glasgow G20 6NQ
To Book Telephone 0141 334 4653
- Sonica Festival 2022
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Compass Gallery: Gary Anderson RSW : Thoughts and Contemplations
- Scottish Opera Breath Cycle Programme for Long Covid Patients
- Kavya Prize – New Writers Prize To Celebrate Scotland’s Ethnically Diverse Communities
- Roy’s West End View: Battered Boris savaged by top Scots true blues
- People’s Palace 124th Birthday Celebration
- Wullie Davidson’s Blog: Extreme Global Weather Events of 2021
- Bob Law’s Blog: An Unusual Cross Country Ski Day in Glasgow
- Mika & Me Eyewear Glasgow
- G20 Young People to Climb Ben Nevis to support people affected by poverty
- Shaking Hands With Christmas – Brian Whittingham
- Is this ‘Black Bitch’ name ban really justified?
- Mother India Christmas Menu 2021
- Mother India at Home Christmas Menu 2021 – Pre-order
- Roma Night at The Rum Shack
- Mother India at Christmas – Set Menus
- Mother India – Christmas Menu 2021 Set Menus
- Dante and Alasdair Gray Symposium
- Glasgow Film Theatre December Programme 2021