The IASSIDD Exhibition ProjectAbility
Project Ability introduces second exhibition of the year.
‘The IASSIDD Exhibition’ – 29 February, 2020 – 9 April, 2020
Reception 29 February, 2020 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Project Ability Gallery, 1st Floor, Trongate 103, Glasgow
International Association for the Scientific Study of Intellectual and Development Disabilities: The Exhibition
In August of 2019 Glasgow hosted the 16th World Conference for the International Association for the Scientific Study of Intellectual and Development Disabilities (IASSIDD). Ahead of the conference Project Ability was contacted by the organisers of the conference asking if they would coordinate a juried art exhibition to be on display during the conference at the SEC. This was the beginning of an exciting new venture for and through an open call-out to artists with a disability working in Scotland there arose an opportunity to discover many talented artists!
ProjectAbility pulled together a panel of judges out-with the Project Ability team, whose responsibility it was to select five of the many brilliant submissions received. The artists were judged solely on their artwork, with all other information being withheld from the panel of judges.
The five selected artists cover a wide range of mediums and subject matter. Two of the artists were already working in the Project Ability studios and the other three were brand new.
The exhibition was a great success and ProjectAbility is delighted to exhibit this work once again at Trongate 103. These five artists present a superb example of just some of the amazing art being created by artists with a disability living in Scotland.
There will also be:
– An opportunity to have your portrait drawn by Cameron Morgan on the 29th February, 2020 (Suggested £20 donation)
– Artists Talks on Thursday 5th March, 2020 4-6pm, followed by an evening drinks reception 6-8pm. Free tickets available at: EventBrite
Learn how the exhibition came to be, the extensive call out for artists, the selection process and finally hear from some of the artists themselves: Ian Bruin, David Cormack, Tzipporah Johnston and Cameron Morgan. (Event on Facebook)
Filed under: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow, Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Seven New Strawberries – Book Launch
- Poet’s Time with Jenne Gray
- The Zoom Session with Dave Arcari
- Ghost Stories from Around the World
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2020
- Canada Now – New Canadian Cinema at GFT
- Saint Maud, GFT
- On The Rocks, GFT
- I Am Greta – GFT
- Seahorse Saturday
- Movie Screening: ’13’ – Black History Month
- Science on the Sofa – Activities for Kids
- Breathe Better: Beginners Breathing Workshop
- From Glasgow To Saturn Fall Launch
- Remembering Alasdair Gray / Paradise
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance – Online Presentations
- Deep Dive Workshops Stay at Home Literary Festival
- Game On: Queer Disruptions in Sport screening plus Q&A
- World Food Day 2020 – Propogate Scotland
- Black History Month: Scots and Early British Colonialism in Asia