The Games We Play Exhibition Scotland Street School
Scotland Street School
Extended until Sunday 11 January 2015.
The Games We Play is a chance to explore games and play from across different cultures and time periods. From the Papua New Guinea story of Pikinini Wantaim Bubu, which shows how children learn to be adults from their grandparents, through strategy games like chess and mahjong to the physical fun of street games such as kite flying and cricket, this exhibition looks at the importance of games in all our lives.
Archaeological evidence shows that games predate the existence of writing, so people right across the world having been playing games for a very long time. More than just pure fun and enjoyment, playing also gives children skills for life, develops their imaginations and pits adult against adult in battles of skill, courage and endurance.
So come along to this beautiful new exhibition, to discover toys from across the globe, remember your childhood fun and even learn a new game!
Scotland Street School, 225 Scotland St, Glasgow G5 8QB
Scotland Street School Museum is a museum of school education in Glasgow, Scotland, in the district of Tradeston. It is located in a former school built by Charles Rennie Mackintosh between 1903 and 1906.
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Kids and young people
- The Glasgow Diet – Documentary on History of Food fundraiser
- Glasgow Short Film Festival 2020: My First Film
- Glasgow Window Art Festival – High Street and Saltmarket
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Books at the Botanics
- Govanhill International Women’s Day 2020
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 Our Ladies
- Glasgow Film Festival: Romantic Comedy + Live Score by Summer Camp
- Befriending Food Experience, Games and Grub
- Stars for Starchild – In Memory of Rony Bridges
- Days of the Bagnold Summer Glasgow Film Festival
- Bacurau, Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Parasite (black and white version announced)
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Rocks
- Looking at Mackintosh’s Masterpiece
- Country Strand at Glasgow Fllm Festival 2020 – Iceland Northern Shining Lights
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 at CCA
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Heroic Losers
- Glasgow Film Festival: Luz the Flower of Evil
- Glasgow Film Festival: Run