The Games We Play Exhibition Scotland Street School
Scotland Street School
Extended until Sunday 11 January 2015.
The Games We Play is a chance to explore games and play from across different cultures and time periods. From the Papua New Guinea story of Pikinini Wantaim Bubu, which shows how children learn to be adults from their grandparents, through strategy games like chess and mahjong to the physical fun of street games such as kite flying and cricket, this exhibition looks at the importance of games in all our lives.
Archaeological evidence shows that games predate the existence of writing, so people right across the world having been playing games for a very long time. More than just pure fun and enjoyment, playing also gives children skills for life, develops their imaginations and pits adult against adult in battles of skill, courage and endurance.
So come along to this beautiful new exhibition, to discover toys from across the globe, remember your childhood fun and even learn a new game!
Scotland Street School, 225 Scotland St, Glasgow G5 8QB
Scotland Street School Museum is a museum of school education in Glasgow, Scotland, in the district of Tradeston. It is located in a former school built by Charles Rennie Mackintosh between 1903 and 1906.
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Kids and young people
- French Film Festival GFT 2019
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2019 Glasgow
- Cancer Support Scotland Christmas Fayre 2019
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- Mòd 2019 CCA
- Soft Play Area and Clip and Climb Kelvin Hall
- Glasgow’s Welcome University of Glasgow
- SAFR Takeover/The Primevals/The Reverse Cowgirls
- Mòd 2019: Gaelic Conversation Café Public CCA
- Black History Month Street Level Photography Temporary Hoarding Magazine and Anti-Racist Graphics
- CINE[STHESIA]: Filmichean Gàidhlig/ Gaelic Films Ghlaschu Mod 2019
- Art For Heart’s Sake, Art Fundraiser at The Store 2019
- Scottish Queer International Film Festival 2019 Announces Full Programme
- Torchlight Parade St Andrew’s Day, WEF
- The Flying Dug Quiz Night, Glasgow
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- The Great Western Festival of Musical Exploration and Discovery
- Take 2: Charming
- Sorry We Missed You + Q & A Paul Lavery
- Take One Action Film Festival 2019 CCA