The Drift at The Tron
NATIONAL THEATRE OF SCOTLAND PRESENTS
THE DRIFT – Black History Month
11th – 12th October 2019
‘My sweet forgetful Caledonia’
The Drift is a journey through history, through Scottishness, through belonging, and through grief.
An autobiographical, poetic spoken word show, The Drift sees writer and performer Hannah Lavery exploring her legacy of being “mixed” in Scotland left to her by her father and mother and their respective journeys. A beautiful story of love, loss and bereavement, as well as a searingly honest portrayal of growing up mixed-race in Scotland, The Drift challenges us to see Scottish history and our public memory in a different light.
The Drift was originally performed and developed as part of the Flint and Pitch New Voices programme (produced & programmed by Jenny Lindsay), before being further developed as part of the Workers Theatre Megaphone Residency and finally through the National Theatre of Scotland’s Just Start Here Festival and Engine Room programme – all under the mentorship and direction of Jenny Lindsay. It was last developed and performed as a preview at the Tron Theatre as part of Black History Month 2018 under the direction of Eve Nicol.
Written & performed by Hannah Lavery
Directed by Eve Nicol
Design by Kirsty Currie
Tour supported by Flint & Pitch and The Workers Theatre with the Coalition of Racial Equality and Rights as part of Black History Month 2019.
Note: Contains adult themes and strong language.
Image: Hazel Mirsepasi
Tron Theatre Ltd., 63 Trongate, Glasgow, G1 5HB
- Paisley Book Festival 2021 – Online
- Bemis – Celtic Connections in the Community
- Opening Celebration Concert Celtic Connections Online 2021
- Glasgow Film Festival 2021 – Programme Announced
- Creative Conversations: Oyinkan Braithwaite
- Multi-talented and Versatile – Laura Turnbull Fyfe
- Sav Aiello Yoga Savvy Classes
- Online Dance Club LGBTI Plus Elders – National Theatre of Scotland
- Opening Celebration Concert – Celtic Connections 2021 Online
- Announcement Full Programme Celtic Connections Online Festival 2021
- Balloch Open Mic – Vale Lad ‘Done Good’ – again
- Hogmanay Live Event – ‘One singer one song’
- Online End of Year Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Carlton Studios Crowdfunder Saturdays FB Livestream
- Balloch House Hotel Open Mic (in abeyance)
- Christmas Exhibition 2020 – Compass Gallery
- Festive Concert with Dave Arcari
- Refuweegee Festive Benefit Gig
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- Opening Film and Closing Gala Glasgow Film Festival 2021