The Angel and The Manse, A Play, A Pie and A Pint, OranMor, 22–27 February, 2016
THE ANGEL AND THE MANSE
Mon, 22 February, 2016 — Sat, 27 February, 2016
Glasgow Lunchtime Theatre, OranMor, Top of Byres Road, G12
By George Docherty | Directed By Liz Carruthers
Featuring Helen Logan, Ewan Petrie and Alan Steele
Produced in Association with Aberdeen Performing Arts
A stormy night in a manse on the outskirts of a remote highlands village. The evening meal lacks salt and its not the only thing that does. Sarah and Martin have been married…a long time. Since before he was “ The Minister” and she was “ The Ministers wife”. Tonight was just another night…just another meal…just another bottle of wine until a stranger came out of the storm.
What does he bring to the table? What does he want? What does Sarah want?
What does anyone want?
George Docherty was born and lives in Glasgow and has worked as an actor for over twenty years. Most recently, here at play pie and a pint as Jim in “After the cuts” by Gary McNair. This is his first play to be produced.
08444 771 0000
- Halloween 2021 – Spooktacular Walk, Glasgow Green
- Listening Party Launch – Jim Byrne’s E.P. ‘4 Country & Folk Songs’
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Publishing Scotland Fiction Showcase
- Linda Jaxson Band at Websters
- Folk Wi’ The Patter – Shaun Moore
- African Wall Art and Stories by Lantern Light
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2021
- Black History Month, Being A Black Woman in Society Today
- The Great Black History Quiz CRER
- Talks, The Hunterian, Black History Month 2021
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Black History Month
- COP26 Glasgow Trade Union and Workers Bloc
- Art for Africa in memory of Rony Bridges
- Denise Mina, Creative Conversations
- Nature Stories with Emily Dodd, The Children’s Wood
- Black Histories on Film at Glasgow Film Theatre 2021
- BFI London Film Festival 2021 at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Last Night in Soho, Glasgow Film Theatre
- French Film Festival UK 2021