Ten Writers Telling Lies, Mackintosh Club, Helensburgh Sunday 5 November, 2017 2 p.m.
Sunday 5 November, 201 – 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Mackintosh Club, 40/2 Sinclair Street, Helensburgh G84 8SU (2 mins from Helensburgh Train Station)
Ten Writers Telling Lies is a unique collaboration combining music and writing – which has resulted in a book and accompanying CD. Ten writers have written stories and poems connected with, and inspired by, the songs on the CD, written with Jim Byrne, whose previous CDs have been critically acclaimed.
Come along and enjoy some stories and song – there will also be a short Q & A session where you can learn about the project and the artists involved.
Quote from the author Alan Bissett: “
“Yet further proof, were it needed, of the ongoing vibrancy of Glasgow literature. The stories sing and soar, and these are definitely writers to watch. You read them here first, folks!”
**Disabled persons may have restricted access due to stairs and no lift to top floor.
‘So looking forward to performing in this gorgeous venue’ Pat Byrne
- Creative Conversations: Ngũgĩ wa Thiong’o
- ‘Words From Battlefield’ – Book Launch
- Reimagining Our Economy – Screening Woodlands Community
- Seven New Strawberries – Book Launch
- Poet’s Time with Jenne Gray
- The Zoom Session with Dave Arcari
- Ghost Stories from Around the World
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2020
- Canada Now – New Canadian Cinema at GFT
- Saint Maud, GFT
- On The Rocks, GFT
- I Am Greta – GFT
- Seahorse Saturday
- Movie Screening: ’13’ – Black History Month
- Science on the Sofa – Activities for Kids
- Breathe Better: Beginners Breathing Workshop
- From Glasgow To Saturn Fall Launch
- Remembering Alasdair Gray / Paradise
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance – Online Presentations
- Deep Dive Workshops Stay at Home Literary Festival