Ten Writers Telling Lies, Mackintosh Club, Helensburgh Sunday 5 November, 2017 2 p.m.
Sunday 5 November, 201 – 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Mackintosh Club, 40/2 Sinclair Street, Helensburgh G84 8SU (2 mins from Helensburgh Train Station)
Ten Writers Telling Lies is a unique collaboration combining music and writing – which has resulted in a book and accompanying CD. Ten writers have written stories and poems connected with, and inspired by, the songs on the CD, written with Jim Byrne, whose previous CDs have been critically acclaimed.
Come along and enjoy some stories and song – there will also be a short Q & A session where you can learn about the project and the artists involved.
Quote from the author Alan Bissett: “
“Yet further proof, were it needed, of the ongoing vibrancy of Glasgow literature. The stories sing and soar, and these are definitely writers to watch. You read them here first, folks!”
**Disabled persons may have restricted access due to stairs and no lift to top floor.
‘So looking forward to performing in this gorgeous venue’ Pat Byrne
- Creative Conversations: Abir Mukherjee – Crime Novelist
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- The Long Ryders at OranMor
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Woodlands Community Gardens, Storytelling Circle ‘Tell A Story’ Workshop
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- Hang Massive at OranMor, Glasgow
- Irene Lebeter, Meet the Author, Fruin Fam
- A Lad in Maryhill, Pantomime, Maryhill 2019
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- From Lens to Pen, Finnieston
- Hitsville The Making of Motown Black History Month Glasgow
- Scotland Loves Anime 10 Anniversary at GFT
- American Woman GFT
- Judy GFT
- 48 Hours Film Project Part 1 GFT
- Her Century: Scottish Women on Film GFT
- The Relative Worlds GFT plus Q and A
- Mòd 2019 National Theatre of Scotland – Rocket Post screening + family drama workshop