Ten Writers Telling Lies, Mackintosh Club, Helensburgh Sunday 5 November, 2017 2 p.m.
Sunday 5 November, 201 – 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Mackintosh Club, 40/2 Sinclair Street, Helensburgh G84 8SU (2 mins from Helensburgh Train Station)
Ten Writers Telling Lies is a unique collaboration combining music and writing – which has resulted in a book and accompanying CD. Ten writers have written stories and poems connected with, and inspired by, the songs on the CD, written with Jim Byrne, whose previous CDs have been critically acclaimed.
Come along and enjoy some stories and song – there will also be a short Q & A session where you can learn about the project and the artists involved.
Quote from the author Alan Bissett: “
“Yet further proof, were it needed, of the ongoing vibrancy of Glasgow literature. The stories sing and soar, and these are definitely writers to watch. You read them here first, folks!”
**Disabled persons may have restricted access due to stairs and no lift to top floor.
‘So looking forward to performing in this gorgeous venue’ Pat Byrne
- Art in Nature: Make a Mandala
- Researching Scotland’s Mountain Women: National Library of Scotland
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Blues ‘n’ Twos with Dave Arcari
- Sonnet Youth Social Club #2
- Sleep Workshops Woodlands Community
- Book Launch: New Shoots Old Roots (2)
- Duglus T Stewart – Dreaded Light Composer
- SEE YOU IN 10 YEARS WRITING COMPETITION for Teenagers
- Record Store Day – Love Music Glasgow
- “Monsters, Process and Mayhem” T.L. Huchu in conversation with Chikodili Emelumadu
- Alice – Watch Online GFT
- The Traitor Glasgow Film Theatre Online
- Govan’s Glories: Central Govan Walk Ian R. Mitchell
- Payback Claire MacLeary
- Her Century – National Library of Scotland
- Sounds in the Suburbs – Refuweegee Show
- Lindisfarne at Cottiers
- Starchild Sunflower Sanctuary – Autism
- Sound & Vision Drive-In Summer 2020