King’s Theatre Glasgow up for top award – voting open until 19 Septembr, 2017
The King’s Glasgow has been nominated for a prestigious accolade in the theatre industry.
The popular venue, which hosts an array of musicals, dramas, comedy and the famous King’s panto, is in with a chance of being crowned the UK’s Most Welcoming Theatre at the UK Theatre Awards.
Voting is now live and theatregoers have until 12noon on Tuesday 19 September to cast their votes.
Everyone who votes will be entered into a draw to win £200 worth of theatre tokens from UK Theatre.
James Haworth, Theatre Director at the venue said: “I encourage anyone who loves the King’s to vote for us as the UK’s Most Welcoming Theatre.
“Our patrons return to the venue time and time again, not only to see the fabulous productions that tour with us, but because of the friendly and welcoming experience they have during their visit.
“Glasgow is renowned as being the friendliest city in the UK and there’s no reason one of its best theatres shouldn’t be too.”
One winner from each regional category will be announced before the overall winner is chosen at the UK Theatre Awards ceremony at London’s Guildhall on Sunday 15 October.
- Moogety Halloween 2019
- Scottish Writers’ Centre From bytes to bestseller with Jonathan Whitelaw
- Guttersnipe at the Old Hairdressers
- A Gift to Glasgow from New York, The Hunterian
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- Monos ay GFT
- The King, GFT
- Non-Fiction, GFT
- SQIFF 2019 Black History Month: Calalai: In Betweenness + shorts
- Chinese Visual Festival CCA
- Mòd 2019 National Theatre of Scotland – Rocket Post screening + family drama workshop
- Mòd 2019 Gaelic Film Screenings: A taste of BBC Alba – Na Millenni-Gaels CCA
- French Film Festival GFT 2019
- The Irishman GFT
- Lost Lives plus Q & A
- Malcolm X 35 mm GFT
- Halloween at GFT 2019
- Preview: Pink Wall with Q & A
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2019 Glasgow
- Glasgow Wood Recycling, October Sale