‘Tempest’ Stirs Up A Storm! Thistle Gallery, Park Road, 9 – 25 September, 2017
‘Tempest’ Stirs Up A Storm!
Exhibition by artists Ian Rawnsley and Jackie Henderson.
Preview 9 September, 2017. Exhibition runs until 25 September,2017.
From concept to curation ‘Tempest’ is a remarkable Exhibition which Previews this September (2017) at Glasgow’s Thistle Gallery.
A fascinating show, featuring over 60 exhibits by accomplished artists Ian Rawnsley and Jackie Henderson, it embodies the core themes explored by Shakespeare in The Tempest – one of his most profound plays.
A play that resonated with Rawnsley from an early age, he aspired to take its themes and bring the play to life in a new way. But he knew it was only through collaboration with another artist that his dreams would be realised. He found that collaborative magic with artist Jackie Henderson who shared his enthusiasm and vision.
This Exhibition is the culmination of a year’s work by both artists, which they admit became ‘an obsession’.
Featuring a diverse array of powerful paintings in oils, acrylics, encaustic and mixed media the show also includes sculptures, jewellery and textiles.
Through their extraordinary exhibits they evoke the ageless struggle of power, revenge, love and reconciliation infused in nature’s magic.
And just to make sure all our senses are sated Rawnsley has also composed a haunting music score which will spirit visitors off to Shakespeare’s mythical and mystical island.
In striving to produce a diverse and deeply meaningful body of work for the Show, they have indeed proven that ‘we are such stuff as dreams are made on’.
Both artists will be at the Gallery for the opening from 11am until 6pm on September 9 to chat with visitors about this extraordinary Exhibition.
‘Tempest’ previews on Saturday. September 9th and runs every day until Monday, September 25th.
For further information please.contact gallerist Carol Dunbar on 0141 334 3444 or 07745392117.
- West End Festival 2021
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride
- Siobhan Miller at Websters Theatre
- Bill W and Dr Bob, Websters Theatre
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- A Christmas Carol- A Hauntingly Hilarious Family Panto!
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Networking Climate Cafe – SCCAN
- Riverside Festival x Turn The Tables