Sweat It Festival
19 May, 2019 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
The giants of Glasgow’s Health & Fitness sector will come together on Sunday 19th May for a jam-packed day full of unmissable exercise classes, an abundance of nutritious food and drink offerings and some of the best wellbeing products Glasgow has to offer.
Taking place at Argyle Street Arches, this one-day event will support a host of Glasgow businesses as it builds a community of fitness enthusiasts and connects them with all that the city has to offer in the health & fitness industry.
Running between 10am – 4pm on Sunday 19th May, fitness enthusiasts can access unlimited classes, expand their knowledge of topics like nutrition and sports physiology and meet like-minded individuals in a fun, feel-good environment. Those who are returning to fitness or looking to improve their lifestyle can test out fitness techniques, be inspired by their peers and access a friendly, no pressure route into a healthier, fitter lifestyle.
Fitness fans and converts will come together to sample a selection of exercise activities and come & try sessions with master trainers, including Cyclebox, 9Rounds, Activ Scotland, plus many more. There will be yoga dens, blast sessions, a Refuel and Chatter zone, Aloe Vera Shot Bar, a Sweaty Betty Pop-up shop and live cooking demos.
Emma Lynch, Festival Director and Creator, said: “We started Sweat It Festival in 2018, with the aim to bring the existing health and fitness communities in Glasgow together under one roof. Our debut event was a huge success and we’re so excited to bring it back in 2019.
Also PLEASED to announce we are partnering with Trees for Life and for every ticket purchased we will donate £1!
The Arches, 253 Argyle Street, Glasgow G2 8DL
- Poet’s Time with Jenne Gray
- The Zoom Session with Dave Arcari
- Ghost Stories from Around the World
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2020
- Canada Now – New Canadian Cinema at GFT
- Saint Maud, GFT
- On The Rocks, GFT
- I Am Greta – GFT
- Seahorse Saturday
- Movie Screening: ’13’ – Black History Month
- Science on the Sofa – Activities for Kids
- Breathe Better: Beginners Breathing Workshop
- From Glasgow To Saturn Fall Launch
- Remembering Alasdair Gray / Paradise
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance – Online Presentations
- Deep Dive Workshops Stay at Home Literary Festival
- Game On: Queer Disruptions in Sport screening plus Q&A
- World Food Day 2020 – Propogate Scotland
- Black History Month: Scots and Early British Colonialism in Asia
- International Day of the Girl Child