Surface Area Dance Theatre CIC An introduction to British Sign Language, CCA, Friday 14 April 2017
CCA Friday 14 April 2017
2.30pm, Free but ticketed, Theatre
Book online / 0141 352 4900
Related CCA Events
Fri 14 April — Sun 16 April 2017
Surface Area Dance Theatre: An introduction to British Sign Language, delivered by native Sign Language user Paul Miller and Communication Support Worker Nicole Vivien Watson.
Facilitated as an informal workshop activity in conjunction with the company’s performances of Auricular, Paul and Nicole will offer participants an introduction to British Sign Language and an insight into the making of Auricular.
Dance City and BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art firstly commissioned Auricular in 2014 and in 2015. Now with support from Arts Council England and partnering organisations, Auricular will be presented in April 2017 at CCA Glasgow, Berwick Visual Arts and at Turner Contemporary.
Directed by Nicole Vivien Watson in collaboration with the artists involved, Nicole comments “British Sign Language is a language of movement, space and expression. As a movement researcher and choreographer, I am fascinated by the depth and clarity of a language that does not rely on the spoken word”.
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
- Online launch of new CPO themed short film ‘Something To Lose’
- Scottish Writers Showcase 3 – Creative Conversations
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Sammy’s Lockdown #5
- Aly Bain and Phil Cunningham at Cottiers
- Lockdown Video – Mic Clark
- Scottish Writers Showcase 2 Creative Conversations
- Calypso Windrush Caribbean Film Festival
- SHA Virtual Kiltwalk Weekend 2020
- La Belle et la Bête – Open Air Screening
- Scottish Writers Creative Conversation Showcase
- Smokehead Sessions: Dave Arcari – full concert livestream
- Vegan Cookery Workshop
- Art in Nature: Make a Mandala
- Researching Scotland’s Mountain Women: National Library of Scotland
- Blues ‘n’ Twos with Dave Arcari
- Sonnet Youth Social Club #2
- Sleep Workshops Woodlands Community
- Book Launch: New Shoots Old Roots (2)
- Duglus T Stewart – Dreaded Light Composer