Support North Kelvin Meadow and The Children’s Wood Tuesday 20 October, 2015
‘Please come and join us next Tuesday, 20th October, 10.45 a.m. George Square.’
The Planning Committee are being asked to grant a site visit and hearing so that they can be clear regarding the level of local support for the meadow and wood and the concern regarding the proposed use of the land.
‘The planning authority is recommending that both our plan ‘to keep the meadow and wood wild and for the community’ and the New City Vision plan ‘to build 90 residences’ be granted, subject to meeting certain conditions.
We hope that the planning committee accept the planning officers recommendation to accept our plan next Tuesday, and that they grant us a site visit and hearing before any decision is made on the New City Vision plan. We will be making placards for next Tuesday’s George Square gathering asking that the planning committee make a site visit and grant us a hearing.
We’re asking people to dress in green for the gathering, we’ll meet outside the City Chambers at 10:45. For local people there will be a bus leaving the meadow and wood at 10:15am and taking people to George Square and back again after the committee meeting (which starts at 11am). Because we will not have an opportunity to speak at the hearing on Tuesday we’re asking people to make placards requesting a site visit and a hearing and to show the level of support and engagement for the land and what happens on it.
North Kelvin Meadow and The Children’s Wood has become an essential part of the community, helping to meet 21st century educational and community needs like tackling low levels of child-well-being, the achievement gap, food poverty, mental and physical health problems and much more. If we take away the meadow and wood then the impact will be enormous on the wider community. We have plans to do more for the community and build on what we have achieved already and we could do so much more with support from the administration of Glasgow City Council.
Please spread the word about Tuesday and join us in George Square!’
The Council should be delighted that North Kelvin Meadow and the Children’s Wood exists and fits so well with their Green City aims.
It’s good to know that ” The city is building on its established strengths in world class engineering and education to nurture a low carbon economy which will not only deliver a better environment, but a better life for all its people. “
Now they need to demonstrate this. The retention of North Kelvin Meadow and the Children’s wood provides an ideal opportunity.
- Paisley Book Festival 2021 – Online
- Bemis – Celtic Connections in the Community
- Opening Celebration Concert Celtic Connections Online 2021
- Glasgow Film Festival 2021 – Programme Announced
- Online Dance Club LGBTI Plus Elders – National Theatre of Scotland
- Opening Celebration Concert – Celtic Connections 2021 Online
- Announcement Full Programme Celtic Connections Online Festival 2021
- Hogmanay Live Event – ‘One singer one song’
- Carlton Studios Crowdfunder Saturdays FB Livestream
- Christmas Exhibition 2020 – Compass Gallery
- Refuweegee Festive Benefit Gig
- Opening Film and Closing Gala Glasgow Film Festival 2021
- Virtual Santa Dash 2020
- Echo GFT At Home
- Africa in Motion 2020
- Cambridge Literary Festival – Winter Festival Online
- French Film Festival 2020 – Online
- Big Book Week Scotland Quiz 2020
- Book Week Scotland 2020
- Book Week Scotland 2020: Glasgow Libraries