Stories from the Southside – Govanhill Book Festival
Saturday, 10 August, 2019 – 11.30 a.m. – 12.30 p.m.
The Deep End, 21 Nithsdale Street, Glasgow G41 2PZ
Launch of Stories from the Southside, a new collection of short stories and poems focusing on the fascinating people and places that make South Glasgow. We’ll hear local writers reading from their work, and copies of the book will be available to buy on the day, as part of Govanhill Book Festival. The collection is edited by South Glasgow Heritage and Environment Trust, with the support of Glasgow City Heritage Trust, and the Scottish Graduate School for Arts and Humanities. All are welcome, refreshments will be on sale. Entry by donation.
- Fessen/Reared New Poetry Collection by Lesley Benzie, Book Launch
- Runner by Chris McQueer
- Poetry Slam – Open to All – The Tron
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance Fundraiser at Murrayfield
- Looking at Mackintosh’s Masterpiece
- Moments of Resistance by Femspectives
- Iberodocs Lisbon Beat CCA
- Glasgow Film Festival: Master Cheng
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Heroic Losers
- Bacurau, Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 at CCA
- Dardishi Festival at CCA
- Lost Transmissions, Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- The Whistlers, Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- The IASSIDD Exhibition ProjectAbility
- International Women’s Day – #EachforEqual: What Difference Does a Decade Make?
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Jazz On A Summer’s Day
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020, Disco
- Roots Festival – An Evening with Wullie, George and Friends
- Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson – Book Launch Party