Stories from the Southside – Govanhill Book Festival
Saturday, 10 August, 2019 – 11.30 a.m. – 12.30 p.m.
The Deep End, 21 Nithsdale Street, Glasgow G41 2PZ
Launch of Stories from the Southside, a new collection of short stories and poems focusing on the fascinating people and places that make South Glasgow. We’ll hear local writers reading from their work, and copies of the book will be available to buy on the day, as part of Govanhill Book Festival. The collection is edited by South Glasgow Heritage and Environment Trust, with the support of Glasgow City Heritage Trust, and the Scottish Graduate School for Arts and Humanities. All are welcome, refreshments will be on sale. Entry by donation.
- Tell it slant, Glasgow: Book Launch: A Bird Is Not A Stone.
- Red Squirrel Press – Launch of Three Publications
- #StreamMyStory Children’s Online Events Summer 2021
- Women’s Library – In Conversation with Paria Goodarzi
- Bloody Scotland 2021 McIlvanney Prize Long List Announced
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- The Owner of the Sea – Richard Price readings and discussion
- Bernard MacLaverty: Glasgow Writer
- Graeme Macrae Burnet – Glasgow Writer
- Glasgow Writers: Theresa Talbot
- Glasgow School of Art Digital Showcase 2021
- Hillhead Summer Arts Academy 2021
- Mansfield Park Street Festival 2021
- Vinicombe Street Gala 2021
- Touring Scotland – Pop Up Opera 2021
- Scottish Books Long Weekend
- Meet the Poet: Marcus Slease & Colin Herd
- Contemporary Quilt Group, The Auld Kirk
- Balloch Open Mic on Zoom
- Sheffield Doc Festival 2021 at GFT