Series of Creative Writing Masterclasses
Studio Pavilion at House for an Art Lover, 10 Dumbreck Rd, Glasgow G41 5BW
This series of workshops will explore some of the fundamentals of creative writing, in the special context of the Studio Pavilion as art space.
Participants are encouraged to follow the full course, however it is also possible to drop-in to individual workshops
Scribbling: Generating Material (Masterclass 1)
This workshop focuses on generating the raw material for writing through quick and playful exercises; drawing upon participant’s existing knowledge and experience as well as the material and sensual world.
Skeletons: Structural Experiments (Masterclass 2)
This workshop builds on the first to consider how the use of traditional and experimental forms of narrative structure can transform fragments of text into a body of writing.
Scratching: Editing Forms (Masterclass 3)
In this final workshop we explore practical and creative forms of editing, bringing writing closer to being publication-ready. If you have not attended a previous workshop on this course, please bring a piece of writing-in-progress with you.
Joanna Peace is an artist, writer and educator based in Glasgow. Committed to supporting creative writing practice, Joanna has worked with a number of groups and organisations across Scotland and internationally on writing and publishing projects. Her own works in fiction, poetry and criticism have been widely published, performed and exhibited. Joanna has held Lecturer positions at the Glasgow School of Art and Plymouth College of Art, and is a founding member of Publication Studio Glasgow. She holds a Masters from the Glasgow School of Art and in 2017 completed a PG Cert in Learning & Teaching.
PRICE £15 per class or Book all three Creative Writing masterclasses for £40
For further information, please contact [email protected] (Sophie Breustedt), or call 01414831619, or
- Friday Focus: Scottish Art Acquisitions
- The Tell Tale Rooms with Andrew Kötting
- Artists’ Christmas Fayre
- Stage and Screen Exhibition at The Hunterian
- Fun With Flyting – Learning About Older Scots Language
- A Stone, A Spark and A Shard of Glass Exhibition
- Launch Night – Plantique, Partick
- The Lush Exhibition – Project-Ability
- Colour Stories of the Glasgow Style, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
- ‘Revolutionary Colour: A Tour of British Art’, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
- Glasgow Doors Open Days – It Was The Loom That Broke My Heart
- Learn To Play Bridge
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club, Art Show, Ardardan Garden Centre
- Wednesday Wanders at The Whisky Bond
- GI Oils Exhibition – From East to West
- Sogo Arts – Art by Tommy
- Drawing Together Project – Refugee Festival Scotland
- Banksy at GOMA – Cut and Run
- Paintings on Railings at West Fest
- Robert Burns Photography Exhibition – A Window On Ukraine