Series of Creative Writing Masterclasses
Studio Pavilion at House for an Art Lover, 10 Dumbreck Rd, Glasgow G41 5BW
This series of workshops will explore some of the fundamentals of creative writing, in the special context of the Studio Pavilion as art space.
Participants are encouraged to follow the full course, however it is also possible to drop-in to individual workshops
Scribbling: Generating Material (Masterclass 1)
This workshop focuses on generating the raw material for writing through quick and playful exercises; drawing upon participant’s existing knowledge and experience as well as the material and sensual world.
Skeletons: Structural Experiments (Masterclass 2)
This workshop builds on the first to consider how the use of traditional and experimental forms of narrative structure can transform fragments of text into a body of writing.
Scratching: Editing Forms (Masterclass 3)
In this final workshop we explore practical and creative forms of editing, bringing writing closer to being publication-ready. If you have not attended a previous workshop on this course, please bring a piece of writing-in-progress with you.
Joanna Peace is an artist, writer and educator based in Glasgow. Committed to supporting creative writing practice, Joanna has worked with a number of groups and organisations across Scotland and internationally on writing and publishing projects. Her own works in fiction, poetry and criticism have been widely published, performed and exhibited. Joanna has held Lecturer positions at the Glasgow School of Art and Plymouth College of Art, and is a founding member of Publication Studio Glasgow. She holds a Masters from the Glasgow School of Art and in 2017 completed a PG Cert in Learning & Teaching.
PRICE £15 per class or Book all three Creative Writing masterclasses for £40
For further information, please contact email@example.com (Sophie Breustedt), or call 01414831619, or
- Winter Tree Identification Workshop
- John Inglis Exhibition New Collages 2016 – 2019 Compass Gallery
- Learn Gaelic – Family Fun Session at NLS Kelvinhall
- Project Ability Christmas Show 2019
- Oscar Marzaroli Exhibition Streetworks
- Art on the Exchange Glasgow
- Difference by Design Arts and Crafts Fair, Websters
- Winter Fine Art and Antiques Auction, Great Western Auction
- Waxing Lyrical: The Power of the Printed Cloth in Africa
- Art Exhibition at The Arlington Baths Club
- A Gift to Glasgow from New York, The Hunterian
- Mòd 2019 National Theatre of Scotland – Rocket Post screening + family drama workshop
- Woodlands Community Gardens, Storytelling Circle ‘Tell A Story’ Workshop
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- From Lens to Pen, Finnieston
- 48 Hours Film Project Part 1 GFT
- Bearing Witness: the state of journalism and press freedom across the globe
- Mòd 2019: Gaelic Conversation Café Public CCA
- Black History Month Street Level Photography Temporary Hoarding Magazine and Anti-Racist Graphics
- Art For Heart’s Sake, Art Fundraiser at The Store 2019