Series of Creative Writing Masterclasses
Studio Pavilion at House for an Art Lover, 10 Dumbreck Rd, Glasgow G41 5BW
This series of workshops will explore some of the fundamentals of creative writing, in the special context of the Studio Pavilion as art space.
Participants are encouraged to follow the full course, however it is also possible to drop-in to individual workshops
Scribbling: Generating Material (Masterclass 1)
This workshop focuses on generating the raw material for writing through quick and playful exercises; drawing upon participant’s existing knowledge and experience as well as the material and sensual world.
Skeletons: Structural Experiments (Masterclass 2)
This workshop builds on the first to consider how the use of traditional and experimental forms of narrative structure can transform fragments of text into a body of writing.
Scratching: Editing Forms (Masterclass 3)
In this final workshop we explore practical and creative forms of editing, bringing writing closer to being publication-ready. If you have not attended a previous workshop on this course, please bring a piece of writing-in-progress with you.
Joanna Peace is an artist, writer and educator based in Glasgow. Committed to supporting creative writing practice, Joanna has worked with a number of groups and organisations across Scotland and internationally on writing and publishing projects. Her own works in fiction, poetry and criticism have been widely published, performed and exhibited. Joanna has held Lecturer positions at the Glasgow School of Art and Plymouth College of Art, and is a founding member of Publication Studio Glasgow. She holds a Masters from the Glasgow School of Art and in 2017 completed a PG Cert in Learning & Teaching.
PRICE £15 per class or Book all three Creative Writing masterclasses for £40
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (Sophie Breustedt), or call 01414831619, or
- Sav Aiello Yoga Savvy Classes
- Christmas Exhibition 2020 – Compass Gallery
- Landmarks: Hugh MacDiarmid’s Brownsbank
- Breathe Better: Beginners Breathing Workshop
- Compass Gallery – Gregor Smith Exhibition
- Truck Art at The Mela
- Creative Thursdays – Jewish Textile Art
- Project-Ability, Virtual Exhibition
- Window Works by Sean Ellcombe RGI Glasgow
- John Byrne at 80 – Glasgow Print Studio
- Govanhill Baths Archive Showcase
- Govanhill International Festival 2020
- Banner Promenade, The Deep End
- Bike Maintenance Class Woodlands Community
- Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum Reopens
- Compass Gallery Glasgow – Anna Molin Exhibition
- Looking After Mental Wellbeing
- Celebrating Diversity Festival
- Vegan Cookery Workshop
- Art in Nature: Make a Mandala