Series of Creative Writing Masterclasses
Studio Pavilion at House for an Art Lover, 10 Dumbreck Rd, Glasgow G41 5BW
This series of workshops will explore some of the fundamentals of creative writing, in the special context of the Studio Pavilion as art space.
Participants are encouraged to follow the full course, however it is also possible to drop-in to individual workshops
Scribbling: Generating Material (Masterclass 1)
This workshop focuses on generating the raw material for writing through quick and playful exercises; drawing upon participant’s existing knowledge and experience as well as the material and sensual world.
Skeletons: Structural Experiments (Masterclass 2)
This workshop builds on the first to consider how the use of traditional and experimental forms of narrative structure can transform fragments of text into a body of writing.
Scratching: Editing Forms (Masterclass 3)
In this final workshop we explore practical and creative forms of editing, bringing writing closer to being publication-ready. If you have not attended a previous workshop on this course, please bring a piece of writing-in-progress with you.
Joanna Peace is an artist, writer and educator based in Glasgow. Committed to supporting creative writing practice, Joanna has worked with a number of groups and organisations across Scotland and internationally on writing and publishing projects. Her own works in fiction, poetry and criticism have been widely published, performed and exhibited. Joanna has held Lecturer positions at the Glasgow School of Art and Plymouth College of Art, and is a founding member of Publication Studio Glasgow. She holds a Masters from the Glasgow School of Art and in 2017 completed a PG Cert in Learning & Teaching.
PRICE £15 per class or Book all three Creative Writing masterclasses for £40
For further information, please contact email@example.com (Sophie Breustedt), or call 01414831619, or
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- Clydeside Creative Cafe – Out and About in Clydebank
- Winnie Herbstein – Dampbusters at CCA
- Websters Youth Theatre Summer School
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove
- Lifting The Lid on Whistler at the Hunterian
- Willie Sutherland – Evolution of Wa at CCA
- Joy Dunlop – Gaelic Live Online Concert and Ceilidh
- Glasgow School of Art Digital Showcase 2021
- A Spotlight on Jack Knox – Compass Gallery
- The Hunterian: Jimmy Robert: Tobacco Flower
- Hillhead Summer Arts Academy 2021
- 100 Years of the Barras Photography Exhibition
- Contemporary Quilt Group, The Auld Kirk
- ProjectAbility – Online Exhibition ‘Altered Space’
- SWG3 Opens New Gallery – Yard Life
- Composting and food waste reduction workshop
- Aye Write 2021 – Kicking Off This Weekend