Stone Carving Workshop Glasgow
Saturday 2nd & 9th November 2019 10am-4pm
Glasgow City Heritage Trust
54 Bell Street, G1 1LQ
Carved stone decoration defines Glasgow’s style. Look up anywhere in the city centre, and you will be greeted by facades and details that are an enduring testament to the craftsmanship and skill of thousands of stonemasons over two centuries. Carving in stone is both an art and a craft, and has for millennia defined much of the architecture we value.
This 2-day stone carving course, offered over two consecutive Saturdays, will take participants in-depth into the techniques of cutting and carving relief into limestone. Working from basic techniques through to the completion of your own piece, you will use the tools of the trade to cut lines, letters, curves, and forms.
The sessions will run 10am-4pm with a break for lunch. Lunch, tea/coffee, and refreshment will be provided, along with all protective equipment and materials. Participants are advised to wear close-toed shoes.
Simon Burns-Cox is an award-winning sculptor and stone carver based in Edinburgh. He is an Associate Member of the Letter Exchange and a Licenciate Member of the Society of Designer Craftsmen, London. In addition to sculpting on commission, he runs training courses for stone carvers of all levels.
£149 for two-day course, all equipment and materials, and lunch and refreshment.
This section: Classes and Workshops, Courses
- Sav Aiello Yoga Savvy Classes
- Breathe Better: Beginners Breathing Workshop
- Govanhill International Festival 2020
- Bike Maintenance Class Woodlands Community
- Looking After Mental Wellbeing
- Vegan Cookery Workshop
- Art in Nature: Make a Mandala
- Sleep Workshops Woodlands Community
- Summer Art Sessions Woodlands Community
- Outdoor Activities Woodlands Community
- Creative Pollination: Exploration and Creative Writing Woodlands Community
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Learn How To Use Moving Image Archive, National Library of Scotland
- Historic Significance of Ellisland Farm, Centre for Robert Burns
- Woodlands Community – Free Zoom Meditation and Discussion
- Five Ways to Wellbeing Children’s Wood and North Kelvin Meadow
- EVENT CANCELLED Cheeky Besom Productions – ‘Artists With Attitude’ Presents Linda Jackson
- The Writing of Janet Paisley course with Linda Jackson
- Dardishi Festival at CCA
- Living Rent Writers’ Circle