Still Moving: Films and Photographs of Ulrike Ottinger, The Hunterian
20 April – 29 July 2018
Hunterian Art Gallery
This solo exhibition profiles the influential filmmaker and artist Ulrike Ottinger, whose work has rarely been exhibited in the UK.
Still Moving features a range of Ottinger’s photographic prints and some short film works.
This is the first solo exhibition of Ulrike Ottinger’s films and photographs to take place in a UK art gallery and is part of Glasgow International Festival of Visual Art 2018. A special programme of screenings of her feature-length work accompanies the exhibition during the Festival (20 April – 8 May).
Image: Ulrike Ottinger, Begegnung im Grasland, 1988. Colour photograph. Context: Johanna d’Arc of Mongolia, Altan Gol, Mongolia. Courtesy of the artist.
The Hunterian University of Glasgow, University Avenue, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Filed under: Art & artists Glasgow West End, Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Galleries, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- The Homebird Sessions at Cottiers
- A Night of Grief and Misery, Cottiers
- Loch Lomond Highland Games 2022
- Alice In The Cities – GFT
- I’ve Heard the Mermaids Singing – GFT
- Nitram at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Tigers at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Take 2. Paddington at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Ithaka plus Q & A with John Shipton, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Purple Rain, late night at Glasgow Film Theatre
- The Princess, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sma’ Shot Day 2022
- Alasdair Gray’s Lanark: A World Made on Paper – The Hunterian
- Journey from Jamaica iBrina – Merchant City Festival
- No Evictions Glasgow Open Meeting
- Restricted Code, The Glad Cafe
- Chris McGlade: Forgiveness- Websters Theatre
- Pippin The Musical at Websters
- Luzzu at GFT
- Reel Roots: Windrush at GFT