Stevie Nimmo Trio, Cottiers Theatre,10 Mar 2017
10 Mar 2017 – 7:30 pm – 11:00 pm
Tickets £14 (Ticket Price inc. ticket admin fee which will display at the checkout) (fee applicable to all tickets, including tickets bought in person or bought on the day)
This is an all standing event.
Returning to Glasgow with his band, Stevie Nimmo has been successfully recording and touring for the last two decades … at least !
Having shared great success with his brother, he then wrote the songs that now make up The Wynds of Life.
For Stevie song writing isn’t something that you plan, it’s something that you need to do. As Stevie says; “When you have that something inside you, that feeling be it happy or sad, you just have to let it out. It’s an extremely emotional process and my only way to do that is through song”.
In January 2010 Stevie recorded his first solo album The Wynds of Life at The Zone recording Studios outside Austin, Texas with an A-list of Austin’s finest musicians. Michael Ramos – Keys, George Reiff – Bass, Lloyd Maines – Steel Guitars, Pat Manske – Drums, and as a special guest guitarist David Lee Holt from Storyville. George, Lloyd and Pat are also featured on the current Courtyard Hounds release.
Fleshed out with pedal steel, banjo, accordion, B3 and Wurlitzer, amongst other instruments, The Wynds of Life falls just as easily under the Americana banner with its roots, country and gospel influences as it does in Stevie’s more familiar blues setting.
‘Man that guy can sing!’ David Grissom (storyville)
‘Stevie’s voice is at times gritty, other times emotional but all times perfection!’ Maverick magazine
‘Stevie possesses a great depth to his work. He has come through with an album befitting those lending support and that pretty much says it all.’
Displaying a burning passion to get down and dirty, he becomes neck deep in the swampy Louisiana side of things when he comes up with a future blues steeped rock gem as ‘Long Road To Heaven’..
Muscle Shoals at its peak would be proud of having recorded this track!’ Flyinshoes review
Stevie’s second album was released on Manhaton Records on 4th March 2016 and has gone on to garner reviews including ‘Blues album of the Year’
In 2016 Stevie was also nominated at the British Blues Awards for ‘Best Male Vocalist’, ‘Best Guitarist’ and ‘Best Songwriter’ with The Nimmo Brothers nominated in ‘Best Blues Band’.
Please note, our box office is only manned when there is a performance in the venue. For Box Office Collection, please wait until the day of performance.
Tickets are also available from other suppliers. If Cottiers’ allocation of tickets is sold out, it may still be possible to purchase from other ticket vendors. Please check online for more information.
Cottiers Theatre, 93 Hyndland St, Glasgow G11 5PU
- Oscar Marzaroli Public Reception Streetworks
- Difference by Design Arts and Crafts Fair, Websters
- Santaland and Season’s Greetings Websters
- Julesbasar – Norwegian Christmas Fair Glasgow 2019
- Panto-Crime, Murder Mystery at Websters with Dinner & The Logans
- Nina Allan Speculative Fiction Writer – Creative Conversations
- After the Wedding, GFT
- Luce, GFT
- Havana Film Festival 2019
- Matchbox Cineclub Best of Final Girls Berlin 2019 CCA
- Then And Now & What Could Be: Housing Rights & Solidarity CCA
- Libre / To the Four Winds Alliance Francaise Glasgow
- Miles Davis: Birth of the Cool GFT
- Meeting Gorbachev GFT
- CineCard Preview: The Report GFT
- French Film Festival GFT 2019
- Sorry We Missed You, GFT
- Migrant Voice Feel at Home Short Films
- The Siren Awakes Book Launch – Linda Jackson review by Pat Byrne
- Publishing Scotland: Book Week Scotland 2019