Spangled Cabaret at The Art School, Mon 14 July
Spangled Cabaret at The Art School
Monday, 14th July, 2014 at 8.30 p.m.
Ladles and Jellyspoons, we bring you:
Miss Hell’s Belle
Wild Card Kitty
The Great Aziz
The Fabulous Artisans
+ Special Guests
Writer and performer Marcus Reeves’ performance career spans work as an actor, stand-up comic, singer songwriter and performance poet. As part of London’s alternative cabaret scene he has performed alongside such luminaries as David Hoyle, Dickie Beau and Jonny Woo to name a few.
Through Mary King’s Voicelab, Marcus has performed at the Royal Festival Hall with Mercury Music Prize winners Elbow, jazz improvisation icon Bobby McFerrin and supported New York a capella group Naturally Seven in a choir led by UK jazz legend Ian Shaw. More recently he joined the London Gay Mens Chorus to sing on the debut EP from Fingersnap, the new project from David McAlmont and Guy Davies, and sang in Our Lady J’s ‘Train-To-Kill’ gospel choir at Soho Theatre.
Mixing his roots as a singer songwriter with influences from musical theatre, pop, rock and dance music, Marcus has recently found his true voice with his own brand of ‘nouveau cabaret’ (as described by Vince Clarke of Erasure). Audiences have compared his intense and soulful stage persona to artists such as Jacques Brel, Edith Piaf and Marc Almond, mixed with the theatricality and showmanship of David Bowie, Boy George and Freddie Mercury.
With live performances, readings and screenings of his work at venues including BAC, the Cochrane Theatre, the Kings Head, the Southbank Centre and the ICA, Marcus continues to establish a firm reputation as a versatile man of words and music.
His debut solo album Quicksilver – The Masquerade Macabre is available now from the shop.
- Kirsteen Harvey Live, Cottiers
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Sounds in the Suburbs presents Leventime: A Celebration of Jackie Leven
- Carols in the Garden, Wilton Street, Glasgow West End
- Paisley Book Festival 2020
- CinemaAttic – Catalan Film Festival CCA
- Light Up Maryhill
- G20 and The Children’s Wood Christmas Fair
- Wedding Showcase at Cottiers
- Difference by Design Arts and Crafts Fair, Websters
- Christmas Fayre House for an Art Lover, Glasgow
- Art on the Exchange Glasgow
- Winter Wonderland Christmas Street Party Ashton Lane
- Book Week Scotland 2019: Kerry Hudson
- Spot The Signs Renfrewshire
- The Greatest Hits, Mental Health Fundraiser
- Befriending Food Experience Celebrate St Andrew’s Day
- Glasgow Hospitals Christmas Concert 2019 Royal Concert Hall
- Artists Moving Image Festival The Tramway
- UK Jewish Film Festival 2019 at GFT Glasgow