Southside Film Festival Film Club Glasgow Presents: ‘Good Vibrations’
The Glad Cafe, 1006A Pollokshaws Rd, Glasgow G41 2HG
Good Vibrations, (2012, Cert 15, 103 mins)
“New York had the bands, London had the fashion, Belfast had the reason” (for punk)- Terry Hooley
‘Good Vibrations’ is a chronicle of Terri Hooley’s life, a record-store owner instrumental in developing Belfast’s punk-rock scene in the late 70s.
Terry Hooley opened his record shop Good Vibrations in Belfast’s city centre when most shops were closing down due to almost constant bombings. He also started a DIY record label supporting local punk bands such as Rudi, the Outcasts and The Undertones-famously putting out John Peel’s favourite record ‘Teenage Kicks.’
Full of music and the spirit of punk and Terri Hooley, ‘Good Vibrations’ is a great music biopic.
The writers Colin Carberry and Glenn Paterson are nominated for a BAFTA for their ‘Good Vibrations’ screenplay.
Don’t miss Mark Kermode’s film of the year (2013)!
Tickets: £6/£5 concession – available online at Ticket Scotland or at The Glad Cafe.
11 Mar 2014 – 8pm (Doors 7:30pm) at The Glad Cafe
This section: Cinema
Filed under: Cinema
- Artists Moving Image Festival The Tramway
- First a Girl, GFT
- Miles Davis: Birth of the Cool GFT
- 2040 at GFT
- Pity Party Film Club I Shot Andy Warhol CCA
- Queer Classics & Matchbox Cineclub City of Lost Souls CCA
- Alan Ereira ALUNA – screening and talk CCA
- Cooking Pot Biting the Hand that Feeds, CCA
- UK Jewish Film Festival 2019 at GFT Glasgow
- Leona GFT
- Depeche Mode Spirits in the Forest
- Michael Hutchence: Mystify GFT
- Havana Film Festival 2019
- It’s A Wonderful Life Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema Glasgow
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- After the Wedding, GFT
- Luce, GFT
- Matchbox Cineclub Best of Final Girls Berlin 2019 CCA
- Then And Now & What Could Be: Housing Rights & Solidarity CCA
- Libre / To the Four Winds Alliance Francaise Glasgow