Sma’ Shot Day 2022
Saturday 2nd July, 2022
Event by Paisley is
Abbey Close, Paisley, PA1 1JG
Paisley’s annual Sma’ Shot Day celebrations begin with the popular Sma’ Shot parade, which sets off from Brodie Park at 12noon on 2 July – led by the Charleston Drum, before making its way through Paisley town centre to Abbey Close.
Once it arrives, they will have the Burning of the Cork – a highlight of the Sma’ Shot Day celebrations – and brilliant live performances on the main stage.
Workshops age 7 plus
All or Nothing Aerial Dance Theatre will dazzle visitors with their aerial acrobatics and performances. Led by professional aerialists, you can enjoy ‘Watch, Fly, Come and Try’ workshops for ages 7+ and adults. Workshop places must be booked in advance at Eventbrite
Drop in taster sessions are available throughout the afternoon.
There will also be an all-day programme of live music at The Bungalow – including a kid’s ceilidh in the afternoon and the popular Poetry Slam in the evening – and buskers performing in Shuttle Street during the day.
The historic Sma’ Shot Cottages will be open for tours. Take a trip back in time to two distinctive periods of Paisley’s rich textile history.
Plus, make sure you stop by the fantastic Sma’ Shot Makers’ Market at The Art Department creative space in The Paisley Centre.
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Pat's Home Page Blog, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Govanhill Children’s Book Festival
- Hannah Rarity at Cottiers (rescheduled)
- Kim Edgar and Rhona Macfarlane at Cottiers
- Piping Live! Family Fun Day
- Scotland on Tour – The Rum Shack, Glasgow
- A Robbery at 1.46 a.m. and Bedsit – Websters Theatre
- The Paul McKenna Band – Websters Theatre
- The Mould That Changed The World – Websters Theatre
- Access Film Club: Hot Fuzz
- Blind Ambition at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Eric Ravilious: Drawn To War at GFT
- Notre Dame On Fire at GFT
- Nightclubbing: The Birth of Punk Rock in New York City
- The Harder They Come – 50th Annivesary
- Break the Cycle of Homelessness with Social Bite
- Occupy! Occupy! Occupy! – graphic novel launch
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Govanhill’s Got Talent
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Review – The Way Home by Robin Scott-Elliot
- Beyond the Rainbow (100th Birthday Celebration for Judy Garland)