Siobhan Miller at Websters Theatre
Sunday 5 September, 2021
Websters Theatre, 416 Great Western Road, Glasgow G4 9HZ
One of Scotland’s foremost singers, Siobhan Miller is an exceptional talent, renowned for her unique vocal style paired with her evocative song-writing. Miller creates music with detail and rich melodies that combine the sounds of indie and alternative music with sounds from her roots in folk music.
Growing up in a musical family, she was immersed in traditional song and learned from many of Scotland’s finest source singers in her early years as a performer. Miller won the 2018 BBC Radio 2 Folk Award for Best Traditional Track, whilst also nominated for Folk Singer of the Year, and is the only ever three-time winner of Scots Singer of the Year at the BBC Alba Scots Trad Music Awards.
Her three solo albums have received widespread critical acclaim, whilst her hotly anticipated fourth release is due in spring 2019. Mercury (2018) is Miller’s first album of entirely original material, and was recorded in Glasgow with many of her frequent collaborators, including producer Euan Burton. It also features songs co-written with Lau’s Kris Drever and Admiral Fallow frontman Louis Abbott. Flight of Time (2015) and Strata (2017), were both nominated for Album of the Year at the Scots Trad Awards, highlighting her extensive range through traditional, contemporary and self-penned material, as well as her “delicate, nourishing vocals and lyrically rich compositions” (The List).
She releases her fourth album in spring 2020 – following three critically acclaimed solo releases – touring with Innes White (guitar/mandolin), Charlie Stewart (fiddle) and Euan Burton (double bass).
Alongside her extensive solo ventures, Miller’s unique vocal style has been honed through collaborations with many of Scotland’s top musicians, as well as guest appearances with the National Theatre of Scotland, a season on Broadway, and a role on US/UK TV drama Outlander.
£16.50/£15 Buy online or Telephone 0141 357 4000
Pick up at box office on day of performance – open 1 hour before performance starts.
- West End Festival 2021
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride
- Siobhan Miller at Websters Theatre
- Bill W and Dr Bob, Websters Theatre
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- A Christmas Carol- A Hauntingly Hilarious Family Panto!
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Networking Climate Cafe – SCCAN
- Riverside Festival x Turn The Tables