Shawfest, September 12 – September 13, 2015, Partick
September 12 – September 13, 2015
Shawfest is a brand new Partick, Glasgow based festival. Named in honour of Fraser Shaw, the festival will consist of a range of activities for folk of all ages! The festival will raise funds for The Fraser Shaw Trust (www.frasershawtrust.com).
Saturday 12th Sept
St Peter’s Hall, Chancellor Street, Partick
Food, drinks, raffle, silent auction and much more!
Free until 7pm
£10 full price
TALISK (fiddle, guitar & concertina)
Winners of the BBC Radio 2 Young Folk Award, Talisk have already made a big impression on the folk music scene since their formation in August last year. The group also won a coveted Danny Kyle Award at Celtic Connections 2015 and have performed live in session on BBC Radio 2.
“Setting scary standards” – Simon Mayo, BBC Radio 2
Mohsen Amini (Concertina), Hayley Keenan (Fiddle) and Craig Irving (Guitar) utilise their strong individual backgrounds in Irish and Scottish music to create an award winning sound. The trio’s engaging and energetic performances have already landed them slots at some of Britain’s biggest festivals, including Cambridge Folk Festival, Celtic Connections and Fairport Convention’s Cropredy Festival.
Hannah Beaton W/ Innes Watson (Gaelic song w/ guitar)
Gráinne Brady & Tina Jordan Rees (fiddle & piano)
Gráinne and Tina are an exciting and original fiddle and piano duo based in Glasgow. Originally from Cavan and Lancashire the pair perform solely their own unique compositions. Since meeting in 2012, G&T have performed across Scotland, Ireland and England and in 2013 recorded an EP.
HIGH SPIRITS, the highly anticipated album by G&T, is packed full of newly composed tunes all written by Gráinne and Tina. The girls play fiddle, piano, flute and whistle and have guest musicians on guitar, double bass, bodhrán and accordion featuring on the album.
“It’s very rare you hear something that makes you go: ‘Wow! That’s totally original.'” Dick Gaughan
Ceilidh W/ Jenn, Lb & Friends
Sunday 13th Sept
The Sparkle Horse, Dowanhill Street, Partick
Tunes from 4pm hosted by Jamie Smith
Event on Facebook
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
Filed under: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance Fundraiser at Murrayfield
- Looking at Mackintosh’s Masterpiece
- Moments of Resistance by Femspectives
- Iberodocs Lisbon Beat CCA
- Glasgow Film Festival: Master Cheng
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Heroic Losers
- Bacurau, Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 at CCA
- Dardishi Festival at CCA
- Lost Transmissions, Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- The Whistlers, Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Jazz On A Summer’s Day
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020, Disco
- Roots Festival – An Evening with Wullie, George and Friends
- Evening of Stories and Songs with Kirstin Innes and Outi Smith
- Aye Write 2020: Memoirs and Confessions – Justified Sinners Speakeasy
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Simple Women presented by Femspectives
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Rocks
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 – Short Film Festival Programme
- Days of the Bagnold Summer Glasgow Film Festival