Scrooged, The Glad Cafe
Tuesday, 5 December, 2017 – 8pm (doors 7.30pm), £8/£6
Scrooged (Cert 12, 1 hr 41mins, 1988)
The Glad Cafe, 1006A Pollokshaws Rd, Glasgow G41 2HGIn this modern take on Charles Dickens’ “A Christmas Carol,”
Bill Murray stars as Frank Cross, a wildly successful television executive whose cold ambition and curmudgeonly nature has driven away the love of his life, Claire Phillips (Karen Allen).
But after firing a staff member, Eliot Loudermilk (Bobcat Goldthwait), on Christmas Eve, Frank is visited by a series of ghosts who give him a chance to re-evaluate his actions and right the wrongs of his past.
Directed by Richard Donner who also directed The Goonies.
Also starring Carol Kane and Robert Mitchum.
Watch the trailer
Join South Side Film Festival for this classic Christmas film and some seasonal good cheer!
Please note that while the film has a 12 rating, The Glad Cafe is over 15 only until 10pm and after that over 18 only so all under 18 year olds need to leave the venue after the film ends.
- Creative Conversations: Abir Mukherjee – Crime Novelist
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- The Long Ryders at OranMor
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Woodlands Community Gardens, Storytelling Circle ‘Tell A Story’ Workshop
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- Hang Massive at OranMor, Glasgow
- Irene Lebeter, Meet the Author, Fruin Fam
- A Lad in Maryhill, Pantomime, Maryhill 2019
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- From Lens to Pen, Finnieston
- Hitsville The Making of Motown Black History Month Glasgow
- Scotland Loves Anime 10 Anniversary at GFT
- American Woman GFT
- Judy GFT
- 48 Hours Film Project Part 1 GFT
- Her Century: Scottish Women on Film GFT
- The Relative Worlds GFT plus Q and A
- Mòd 2019 National Theatre of Scotland – Rocket Post screening + family drama workshop