Glasgow Film Festival 2018. The Big Lebowski – A Night of Bowling, 27 February, 2018
Glasgow Film Theatre celebrates the Coen Brothers and Glasgow Film Festival 2018 announces The Big Lebowski special event
The CineMasters strand at Glasgow Film Festival is devoted to the work of some of the most accomplished, admired and influential filmmakers in the world. Glasgow Film Theatre recently introduced regular CineMasters seasons to the year-round programme and has featured seasons of work from Kelly Reichardt, Martin Scorsese, David Lynch, and, on audience suggestion, Claire Denis. This November/December, GFT celebrate two of the most iconic modern filmmakers – Joel and Ethan Coen.
Over a three and a half decade career, the Coen Brothers have managed the difficult task of being both endlessly prolific whilst at the same time producing a near immaculate series of modern classics. Often funny, sometimes terrifying, always surprising – the Coen Brothers have amassed one of the most remarkable filmographies in cinema history. CineMasters: The Coen Brothers screens some of their beloved titles, including: 4-time Academy Award winning No Country For Old Men on 35mm; a new digital restoration of the Director’s Cut of their debut feature, Blood Simple, plus Raising Arizona, O Brother, Where Art Thou? and Fargo.
Glasgow Film Festival (21 February – 4 March 2018) is delighted to make the first announcement of a Special Event to take place at the 2018 Festival – GFF Presents: The Big Lebowski – A Night of Bowling on Tuesday 27 February. Join GFF for the 20th anniversary of the Coen’s cult film at Odeon Pacific Quay, paired with an evening of bowling at the Hollywood Bowl Springfield Quay. See how many pins you can knock down, and while you’re at it, you can raise a White Russian in The Dude’s honour. The full Glasgow Film Festival 2018 programme will be announced in January 2018.
GFF Manager, Rachel Fiddes, commented: “Our special screenings of big screen classics in unique venues are always some of the most popular events at the Glasgow Film Festival. Previously we’ve screened The Lost Boys at a theme park and The Thing on a ski slope, so The Big Lebowski in its natural habitat is right up our alley!”
Tickets for both CineMasters: The Coen Brothers and GFF Presents: The Big Lebowski – A Night of Bowling will be on sale from glasgowfilm.org and GFT Box Office from 12noon on Thursday 26 October. GFF Presents: The Big Lebowski – A Night of Bowling tickets £15/£13.
Both CineMasters: The Coen Brothers at GFT and GFF Presents: The Big Lebowski – A Night of Bowling are presented in partnership with The Skinny.
- Govanhill Children’s Book Festival
- Hannah Rarity at Cottiers (rescheduled)
- Kim Edgar and Rhona Macfarlane at Cottiers
- Piping Live! Family Fun Day
- Scotland on Tour – The Rum Shack, Glasgow
- The Paul McKenna Band – Websters Theatre
- The Mould That Changed The World – Websters Theatre
- Access Film Club: Hot Fuzz
- Blind Ambition at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Eric Ravilious: Drawn To War at GFT
- Notre Dame On Fire at GFT
- Nightclubbing: The Birth of Punk Rock in New York City
- The Harder They Come – 50th Annivesary
- Break the Cycle of Homelessness with Social Bite
- Occupy! Occupy! Occupy! – graphic novel launch
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Govanhill’s Got Talent
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Review – The Way Home by Robin Scott-Elliot
- Beyond the Rainbow (100th Birthday Celebration for Judy Garland)
- CINE(STHESIA )- Last Day of the Trams