Glasgow Film Festival 2018. The Big Lebowski – A Night of Bowling, 27 February, 2018
Glasgow Film Theatre celebrates the Coen Brothers and Glasgow Film Festival 2018 announces The Big Lebowski special event
The CineMasters strand at Glasgow Film Festival is devoted to the work of some of the most accomplished, admired and influential filmmakers in the world. Glasgow Film Theatre recently introduced regular CineMasters seasons to the year-round programme and has featured seasons of work from Kelly Reichardt, Martin Scorsese, David Lynch, and, on audience suggestion, Claire Denis. This November/December, GFT celebrate two of the most iconic modern filmmakers – Joel and Ethan Coen.
Over a three and a half decade career, the Coen Brothers have managed the difficult task of being both endlessly prolific whilst at the same time producing a near immaculate series of modern classics. Often funny, sometimes terrifying, always surprising – the Coen Brothers have amassed one of the most remarkable filmographies in cinema history. CineMasters: The Coen Brothers screens some of their beloved titles, including: 4-time Academy Award winning No Country For Old Men on 35mm; a new digital restoration of the Director’s Cut of their debut feature, Blood Simple, plus Raising Arizona, O Brother, Where Art Thou? and Fargo.
Glasgow Film Festival (21 February – 4 March 2018) is delighted to make the first announcement of a Special Event to take place at the 2018 Festival – GFF Presents: The Big Lebowski – A Night of Bowling on Tuesday 27 February. Join GFF for the 20th anniversary of the Coen’s cult film at Odeon Pacific Quay, paired with an evening of bowling at the Hollywood Bowl Springfield Quay. See how many pins you can knock down, and while you’re at it, you can raise a White Russian in The Dude’s honour. The full Glasgow Film Festival 2018 programme will be announced in January 2018.
GFF Manager, Rachel Fiddes, commented: “Our special screenings of big screen classics in unique venues are always some of the most popular events at the Glasgow Film Festival. Previously we’ve screened The Lost Boys at a theme park and The Thing on a ski slope, so The Big Lebowski in its natural habitat is right up our alley!”
Tickets for both CineMasters: The Coen Brothers and GFF Presents: The Big Lebowski – A Night of Bowling will be on sale from glasgowfilm.org and GFT Box Office from 12noon on Thursday 26 October. GFF Presents: The Big Lebowski – A Night of Bowling tickets £15/£13.
Both CineMasters: The Coen Brothers at GFT and GFF Presents: The Big Lebowski – A Night of Bowling are presented in partnership with The Skinny.
- Urban Potentials Exhibition Launch
- Halloween 2021 – Spooktacular Walk, Glasgow Green
- Listening Party Launch – Jim Byrne’s E.P. ‘4 Country & Folk Songs’
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Publishing Scotland Fiction Showcase
- Linda Jaxson Band at Websters
- Folk Wi’ The Patter – Shaun Moore
- African Wall Art and Stories by Lantern Light
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2021
- Black History Month, Being A Black Woman in Society Today
- The Great Black History Quiz CRER
- Talks, The Hunterian, Black History Month 2021
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Black History Month
- COP26 Glasgow Trade Union and Workers Bloc
- Art for Africa in memory of Rony Bridges
- Denise Mina, Creative Conversations
- Nature Stories with Emily Dodd, The Children’s Wood
- Black Histories on Film at Glasgow Film Theatre 2021
- BFI London Film Festival 2021 at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Last Night in Soho, Glasgow Film Theatre