Scozzesi, Winter Gardens – Glasgow Green Thursday 25th September.
Winter Gardens – Glasgow Green
Thursday 25th September. 2014
Scozzesi, italian for Scottish men, will be holding their press launch/debut concert in the Winter Gardens on Glasgow Green G40 1AT from 6 – 8pm on Thursday 25th September.
Alistair Digges (32) from Kelvindale has been chosen by Classical Musicians Scotland to be one of their tenors in Scozzesi, a professional classically trained male vocal quartet with accompanist.
Born in Glasgow, Alistair’s first solo singing experiences were as a boy treble, although he began his musical studies as a pianist and horn player, playing with many of the country’s leading youth orchestras. He began his vocal studies at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland while also singing as a principal choral scholar at Glasgow Cathedral. He then studied at the Royal College of Music International Opera School going on to win their prestigious Knights of the Round Table Prize.
He has played many leading operatic tenor roles with companies across the United Kingdom and has also performed extensively as an oratorio and concert soloist.
An ambassador of Scottish songs, Alistair has performed at many distinguished Burns’ suppers including the Caledonian Club in London. He has also been the guest soloist at Christmas Concerts for Scottish Cancer Research and CLIC Sargent at the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall.
In 2010, with baritone Douglas Nairne, Alistair formed Opera Bohemia, conducting the most recent productions of Eugene Onegin and Gianni Schicchi (most recently performed at St John’s Renfield Church in Kelvindale).
Alistair is delighted to be joining Scozzesi which will sing a mixed repertoire of opera, operetta, songs from the shows, Scottish traditional songs in 4part arrangements, and a lot of humour thrown in!
- The Carlton Jug Band at the Clutha
- Linda Jaxson Band at Websters
- Folk Wi’ The Patter – Shaun Moore
- African Wall Art and Stories by Lantern Light
- Black History Month, Being A Black Woman in Society Today
- COP26 Glasgow Trade Union and Workers Bloc
- Black Histories on Film at Glasgow Film Theatre 2021
- BFI London Film Festival 2021 at Glasgow Film Theatre
- French Film Festival UK 2021
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- October Break Free Food Giveaway Glasgow’s East End
- Sunday Blues Muse at Caffeine
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Tanna Slamma Ding Dong, Tannahill Arts Festival
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- The Children’s Wood – Nicola Davies with Readings and Screening
- St Andrew’s Day– Torchlight Parade
- West End Festival 2021
- Family Weekender at Websters
- Screening: It’s Not All Rock and Roll