The Lady in the Portrait GFT
Cinéfile releases sumptuous epic The Lady in the Portrait
14 – 17 September, 2020 at Glasgow Film Theatre
GFT, 12 Rose Street, Glasgow G3 6RB
As cinemas reopen, Cinefile are delighted to announce the release date of Friday 4 September for Charles de Meaux’s The Lady in the Portrait. The epic production with Melvil Popaud and Chinese superstar Fan Bingbing is on selected theatrical release in cinemas throughout the UK.
The Lady in the Portrait | Le Portrait interdit (15)
The Lady in the Portrait is a sumptuous epic which evokes the unique rapport between a French missionary (Melvil Popaud) and the Manchurian Empress (Fan Bingbing) whose portrait he’s ordered to paint.
The film follows in the fine tradition of stories about the attraction between famous painters and their muses such as Girl with a Pearl Earring and Caravaggio.
Exquisitely-costumed and voluptuously shot, the film reveals life in the Qing Dynasty court.
Dir Charles de Meaux
Cast Fan Bingbing, Melvil Poupaud, Yue Wu, Shih-Chieh King | 2018 | China, France | 108 mins | French and Mandarin, with English subtitles.
This section: Cinema, Pat's Home Page Blog
- Project-Ability, Virtual Exhibition
- Rocks at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Virtual Glasgow Mela 2020
- GYFF Miss Junetenth GFT
- GYFF: Back to the Future
- Nocturnal GFT
- Raman Mondair – Choreographies of Dance
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- Tidelines Book Festival 2020
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- From the Studio of Alasdair Gray – Sale Great Western Auctions
- BFI London Film Festival 2020 at GFT
- Hip Hop to Opera via Negro Spirituals
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- September Programme at G.FT.
- John Byrne at 80 – Glasgow Print Studio
- The History of Scottish Pen – Online
- The Lady in the Portrait GFT
- Digital Doors Open Day Glasgow 2020