The Lady in the Portrait GFT
Cinéfile releases sumptuous epic The Lady in the Portrait
14 – 17 September, 2020 at Glasgow Film Theatre
GFT, 12 Rose Street, Glasgow G3 6RB
As cinemas reopen, Cinefile are delighted to announce the release date of Friday 4 September for Charles de Meaux’s The Lady in the Portrait. The epic production with Melvil Popaud and Chinese superstar Fan Bingbing is on selected theatrical release in cinemas throughout the UK.
The Lady in the Portrait | Le Portrait interdit (15)
The Lady in the Portrait is a sumptuous epic which evokes the unique rapport between a French missionary (Melvil Popaud) and the Manchurian Empress (Fan Bingbing) whose portrait he’s ordered to paint.
The film follows in the fine tradition of stories about the attraction between famous painters and their muses such as Girl with a Pearl Earring and Caravaggio.
Exquisitely-costumed and voluptuously shot, the film reveals life in the Qing Dynasty court.
Dir Charles de Meaux
Cast Fan Bingbing, Melvil Poupaud, Yue Wu, Shih-Chieh King | 2018 | China, France | 108 mins | French and Mandarin, with English subtitles.
This section: Cinema, Pat's Home Page Blog
- West End Festival 2021
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Janine Jansen: Falling for Stradivari, GFT
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride
- Mika & Me Eyewear Glasgow
- Eglinton Country Park – Helen Rose Outdoors
- Riverside Festival x Turn The Tables
- Wully Davidson’s Bus Pass Rambles: Warm Day in the West Highlands
- Aya Films – showcasing new Scottish curatorial talent
- Riverside Festival 2021
- A Play, A Pie and A Pint Autumn Programme 2021
- Glasgow Connects, Glasgow Science Festival 2021
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021 – Programme Announced