Scottish Ensemble Common Sound at Cottiers
21 October, 2021 – Performances: 6pm & 8pm
Cottiers Theatre, 93 – 95 Hyndland Street, Glasgow
Why do we gather together to listen to it?
What part does the audience play in a live performance?
Why not…just stay at home and stick a recording on?
During Common Sound Scottish Ensemble will be exploring these questions through live performance and conversation, guided by BBC 6 Music DJ and Psychotherapist Nemone.
Alongside thought-provoking words from Nemone, they’ll be playing short sets that will range from gut-wrenchingly beautiful Bach through to hypnotic Steve Reich, as well as music by Radiohead and Caroline Shaw.
‘As we gather again for live performance, after what has been for many a long and difficult period without, this is a timely and powerful reminder of what it means to gather on Common Sound. ‘
Wojciech Kilar Orawa
Jonny Greenwood Proven Lands
Steve Reich Excerpts from Triple Quartet
François Couperin Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Radiohead Kid A
JS Bach Erbarm dich mein, o Herre Gott
Caroline Shaw The Orangery from Plan and Elevation
Peter Sculthorpe Estatico from Third Sonata for Strings
In line with Scottish government guidance audience members are required to wear a face covering. In addition, please be reassured that all Scottish Ensemble musicians and staff will be tested daily.
For these performances Scottish Ensemble are offering you a choice of performance styles. For those who’d like a little more reassurance the 6pm performance is a socially distanced concert, at 50% of the venue capacity. For those who’d like to prioritise the atmosphere of a live concert, the 8pm concert will be non-distanced. Whichever performance you choose, your safety and comfort is our priority.
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more, What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
- The 2022 Booker Prize
- Idrish – Glasgow Short Film Festival
- Return, Remake, React
- Lapidus Creative Writing with Lesley O’Brien
- Aye Write: Jenni Fagan with Claire Mitchell QC and Zoe Venditozzi Witches of Scotland Podcast
- Book Launch: The Pharmacist by Rachelle Atalla
- Hairspray, Beatson Gin and Sing
- Glasgow South Side Wellbeing Fair
- Vinicombe Street Party 2022
- Modren Makars Launch Event
- Active Travel for Whiteinch & Scotstoun
- Mansfield Park Street Festival
- Glasgow Mela 2022
- Aye Write: Karen Campbell and Nataliya Deleva
- Glasgow West End – Summer Events 2022
- Alma Wolfson – ‘A Painter’s Passion’
- Outi and Nico at Tchai Ovna
- Performers at Glasgow Jazz Festival 2022
- Book Launch: This Script by Jenny Lindsay
- Glasgow Science Festival 2022