Scottish Ensemble Common Sound at Cottiers
21 October, 2021 – Performances: 6pm & 8pm
Cottiers Theatre, 93 – 95 Hyndland Street, Glasgow
Why do we gather together to listen to it?
What part does the audience play in a live performance?
Why not…just stay at home and stick a recording on?
During Common Sound Scottish Ensemble will be exploring these questions through live performance and conversation, guided by BBC 6 Music DJ and Psychotherapist Nemone.
Alongside thought-provoking words from Nemone, they’ll be playing short sets that will range from gut-wrenchingly beautiful Bach through to hypnotic Steve Reich, as well as music by Radiohead and Caroline Shaw.
‘As we gather again for live performance, after what has been for many a long and difficult period without, this is a timely and powerful reminder of what it means to gather on Common Sound. ‘
Wojciech Kilar Orawa
Jonny Greenwood Proven Lands
Steve Reich Excerpts from Triple Quartet
François Couperin Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Radiohead Kid A
JS Bach Erbarm dich mein, o Herre Gott
Caroline Shaw The Orangery from Plan and Elevation
Peter Sculthorpe Estatico from Third Sonata for Strings
In line with Scottish government guidance audience members are required to wear a face covering. In addition, please be reassured that all Scottish Ensemble musicians and staff will be tested daily.
For these performances Scottish Ensemble are offering you a choice of performance styles. For those who’d like a little more reassurance the 6pm performance is a socially distanced concert, at 50% of the venue capacity. For those who’d like to prioritise the atmosphere of a live concert, the 8pm concert will be non-distanced. Whichever performance you choose, your safety and comfort is our priority.
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more, What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
- Halloween 2021 – Spooktacular Walk, Glasgow Green
- Pumpkin v Turnip Lantern Event
- Blade – 4K GFT
- Last Night in Soho GFT
- Glasgow Hallowe’en Ghost Walk
- Hallowe’en – Spooky Kelvindale Woods
- Ice Box Halloween Gig Part 1
- Icebox Halloween Movie Night
- Hallowe’en Witch Market, Britannica Panopticon
- Landscapes Without Figures, The American South West by Ian R. Mitchell
- Scottish Poetry Library: Launch Poetry London 100th edition
- Opening Party – The Landing Hub Refuweegee Fundraiser
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- Feeding the City – screening and panel discussion
- Dumb Instrument with Duglas T Stewart
- COP26 – The Sacred Forest at GFT
- COP26: The Plan That Came From The Bottom Up
- Black British Cinema – Routes of Representation
- I Am Belmaya GFT
- The End of Evangelion GFT