Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
Friday 8 October, 2021 at 8.30 p.m.
272A St Vincent St, Glasgow G2 5RL
£ 10.00 / Age 18 And Up at Ticketweb
Newly signed to Seven Four Seven Six, Lizzie Reid is one of Scotland’s most promising talents. An emotionally raw songwriter, Reid’s songs explore themes of love, loss, identity and modern life.
Debut EP ‘Cubicle’ was released in February 2020, and included singles ‘Company Car’, ‘Seamless’ and ‘Always Lovely’, which have racked up plays across BBC Radio 1, BBC 6 Music and Radio X.
Drawing comparisons to contemporaries like Laura Marling, Angel Olsen and Julia Jacklin, Reid has an honest vulnerability which shines through in her songs creating a mature, steely eyed reflection on the topics she tackles.
“Delivered and written with an honesty and vulnerability similar to contemporaries like Laura Marling” – Line Of Best Fit
“Think of the last time you got an intense feeling of shivers, and multiply that feeling by ten.” – The Rodeo
(Photo: Jim Byrne)
- Sonica Festival 2022
- Trans – I Got Life at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Cicada, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Temple Grandin plus Recorded Q & A, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Mass, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Nightmare Alley, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Memory Box, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Belfast, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Compass Gallery: Gary Anderson RSW : Thoughts and Contemplations
- Scottish Opera Breath Cycle Programme for Long Covid Patients
- Refugee Week Conference 2022
- Kavya Prize – New Writers Prize To Celebrate Scotland’s Ethnically Diverse Communities
- Roy’s West End View: Battered Boris savaged by top Scots true blues
- Second International Alasdair Gray Conference
- People’s Palace 124th Birthday Celebration
- Wullie Davidson’s Blog: Extreme Global Weather Events of 2021
- Bob Law’s Blog: An Unusual Cross Country Ski Day in Glasgow
- Mika & Me Eyewear Glasgow
- Glasgow National Park City AGM