Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
Friday 8 October, 2921 at 8.30 p.m.
272A St Vincent St, Glasgow G2 5RL
£ 10.00 / Age 18 And Up at Ticketweb
Newly signed to Seven Four Seven Six, Lizzie Reid is one of Scotland’s most promising talents. An emotionally raw songwriter, Reid’s songs explore themes of love, loss, identity and modern life.
Debut EP ‘Cubicle’ was released in February 2020, and included singles ‘Company Car’, ‘Seamless’ and ‘Always Lovely’, which have racked up plays across BBC Radio 1, BBC 6 Music and Radio X.
Drawing comparisons to contemporaries like Laura Marling, Angel Olsen and Julia Jacklin, Reid has an honest vulnerability which shines through in her songs creating a mature, steely eyed reflection on the topics she tackles.
“Delivered and written with an honesty and vulnerability similar to contemporaries like Laura Marling” – Line Of Best Fit
“Think of the last time you got an intense feeling of shivers, and multiply that feeling by ten.” – The Rodeo
(Photo: Jim Byrne)
- West End Festival 2021
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Janine Jansen: Falling for Stradivari, GFT
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride
- Mika & Me Eyewear Glasgow
- Siobhan Miller at Websters Theatre
- Bill W and Dr Bob, Websters Theatre
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- A Christmas Carol- A Hauntingly Hilarious Family Panto!
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow