Scottish Comedian of the Year, Barrowland Ballroom, Foodbank Fundraiser, 25 November 2016
For the first time in its 10 year history the annual Scottish Comedian of the Year final takes place in Glasgow’s Barrowland Ballroom. Hosted by Des Clarke there will be 10 comedians trying to win £1000 and a trip to Australia.
Entry is FREE if you bring a Children’s Christmas Toy or Foodbank parcel. Free tickets must be booked at Evenbrite.
After heats up and down his year will see 12 hopeful comedians battle it out to be crowned the Scottish Comedian of the Year 2016.
Previous winners of this contest include Larry Dean, Mark Nelson, Scott Agnew and our first female winner last year, Daisy Earl.
Tickets are very limited for this year, held the iconic Barrowland in Glasgow.
Instead of charging for entry the event is supporting Glasgow’s Spirit of Christmas and The Trussell Fund’s Glasgow Foodbanks.
Entry to the event is FREE if you bring a new children’s Christmas toy or ‘shoebox’ or a Christmas Dinner food bank parcel.
This years Scottish Comedian of the Year Final is not to be missed!
What the press say?
‘No-one can deny the sense of excitement and occasion that this annual event now generates’ The Scotsman
‘The Scottish Comedian of the Year final looms ever more influentially in the stand-up calendar’ The List
‘Genuinely prestigious affair… with a geniune sense of occassion… the best attended competition final in comedy’ Chortle
‘A great showcase…. (SCOTY) does attract some major talent to the contest’ The Skinny
Individual Gift donations welcome, must be in NEW condition:) –
Selection boxes / stockings – Tins/boxes of chocolates or biscuits – Soft Toys – Board Games – Scooters, roller skates – Action Toys and dress up fashion dolls
If you have the time it would be great if you could create a Children’s shoe box
HOW TO CREATE A CHRISTMAS SHOEBOX OR CHRISTMAS GIFT BAG 2016 Ideas;
1. Choose girl or boy and age range.
2. Add Xmas treat(s), chocolate santa, selection box, chocolate coins, candy canes etc
3. A toy to love, doll, teddy, soft plush, action figure
4. Items for art / creative play / puzzles and pencils, colouring pens, sets, books, stickers
5. Item accessories, earrings, necklace, watch, bangles, bag
6. Toys to play with, slinky, yo-yo, wind up torch, skipping rope, cars, ball, playing cards
7. Something to read, book, comic or 2016 annual
8. Personal Care, deodorant, showergel, fragrance, toothbrush, hairbrush, scrunches, hairclips, lipgloss, makeup for teens
9. Something to wear, Xmas PJ’s, vest, underwear, thermals, socks, gloves, scarf, beanie, hat
Shoebox Wrapping: – Wrap the lid and the box separately with Xmas paper. – Write the gender and age range on a large white piece of paper to the side of the lower box and affix with a large elastic band around the lid and box so that it can be secured but checked for safety and age group before allocating to each child. If using a Xmas Gift Bag add the gender & age group to the gift tag. * PLEASE DO NOT WRAP INDIVIDUAL ITEMS AS THEY NEED TO BE CHECKED FOR HEALTH AND SAFETY*
THANK YOU FOR DONATING, TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE FOR LOCAL CHILDREN AT CHRISTMAS!
Barrowland Ballroom, 244 Gallowgate, Glasgow G4 0TT
Filed under: Christmas in Glasgow, Christmas in Glasgow 2016 – festive menus, shows, shopping., Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Food banks, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Compass Gallery – Gregor Smith Exhibition
- Window Wanderland – Windows of Wonder Glasgow
- How to Manage Hip and Knee Pain
- Truck Art at The Mela
- In Focus: 16 Years: Gigs in Scotland 1974 – 1990 Online Book Launch
- Tony Singh: Glasgow Mela Food Cooking Demo
- Creative Conversations: Homi K Bhabha
- World of International Film Festival 2020
- Creative Thursdays – Jewish Textile Art
- Project-Ability, Virtual Exhibition
- Rocks at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Virtual Glasgow Mela 2020
- GYFF Miss Junetenth GFT
- GYFF: Back to the Future
- Nocturnal GFT
- Sounds in the Suburbs 5th Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Glasgow Museum’s Resource Centre: Glasgow’ Smallest Doors
- Raman Mondair – Choreographies of Dance
- Freddy Anderson – collected poems and prose book release