Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance – Online Presentations
Online audiences can now learn about the work of Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance
A team of experienced volunteer speakers is going digital to ensure Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance (SCAA) takes its life-saving story to thousands of people across Scotland.
Each year, the charity – which operates two helicopter air ambulances based at Perth and Aberdeen – gives hundreds of talks to businesses, groups and organisations.
Due to Covid restrictions of public gatherings full summer schedule of presentations by the frontline emergency responders was shelved.
Now SCAA is sharing the story of their vital emergency pre-hospital care service digitally and this can be delivered to groups anywhere in Scotland.
“Presentations on the work of SCAA have proved hugely popular in every corner of the country,” said SCAA’s Fundraising and Communications Director, Nick Harvey.
“While our crews continued to provide their life-saving service seven days a week throughout the pandemic, we were sorry to have had to cancel many promised talks as the restrictions took hold,” he said. “Now we can deliver the same presentation virtually – straight into any group’s online meeting.”
Many groups and organisations are now holding their regular gatherings via digital platforms such as Zoom with guest speakers contributing remotely.
“SCAA has already delivered several talks this way and we want to spread the message that we’re available to give presentations to groups anywhere on Scotland’s mainland or her many islands – even to ex-pat groups abroad if asked,” said Nick.
“Spreading the word about our work is vital to securing support for the service and encouraging fundraising and giving.”
“SCAA relies entirely on public donations to fund what is a vital service for the people of Scotland and talks about our life-saving work have provided a valuable income stream in the past.
“Through our remote presentations we can offer businesses, groups and organisations a visually engaging and fascinating insight into the work of Scotland’s only charity-funded air ambulance service,” explained Nick.
SCAA would be delighted to hear from any groups interested in organising an online presentation by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0300-123-1111
This section: Pat's Home Page Blog, Zoom and online events
- Creative Conversations: Anuradha Roy
- Creative Activism: 20th Anniversary of Scotland’s Repeal of Section 28
- Arracht – Glasgow Film Theatre at Home
- The Long Walk – GFT A Home
- Africa in Motion 2020
- Cambridge Literary Festival – Winter Festival Online
- Mother India Cafe & Open for Takeaway and Uber Eats
- French Film Festival 2020 – Online
- Big Book Week Scotland Quiz 2020
- P.M. Freestone at Creative Conversations
- Book Week Scotland 2020
- Real Bread Bakers – Screening and Discussion
- Book Week Scotland 2020: Glasgow Libraries
- Creative Conversations: Sandy NicDhòmhnaill Jones
- I Like Your Hat – book launch with Magi Gibson
- Scottish Writers Centre: Double Book Launch Leela Soma and Allan Martin
- Hand Made Guitars – Glasgow
- Glasgow Film Festival 2021
- Poetry, Reading and Discussion
- Bob Law: North Pollok Walk, Glasgow