Samba on a Saturday 2014, 8th and 15th March
Samba on a Saturday 2014
Fresh from sell-out workshops at Celtic Connections this January there will now be two Samba on a Saturday afternoons.
Come and try your hand at some fun and funky Brazilian Samba grooves. Beat the big bass surdos; try your hand at the speedy caixas (snare drums); join the melodic agogo and cowbells as they ring out carnival rhythms. There will be the opportunity to try out two different pieces of percussion each week. Fun guaranteed!
Suitable for beginners and improvers and from age 10 (mums, dads and grannies – why not bring the kids?)
All equipment provided.
Dates: Saturday 8th and 15th March
Times: 2-4:30pm (there will be a break half way through)
Cost: £15 for adults £10 under 18s. If you book on to both dates the cost will be £25/15
Venue: Crypt Café, Wellington Church, Southpark Avenue, GLASGOW, G12 8LE
This section: Joiners Corner, Kids and young people
- Science on the Sofa – Activities for Kids
- Fly your flag in Woodlands!
- Window Wanderland – Windows of Wonder Glasgow
- Govanhill International Festival 2020
- Edinburgh Book Festival Julia Donaldson, Axel Scheffler and Nick Sharratt
- SEE YOU IN 10 YEARS WRITING COMPETITION for Teenagers
- G20 Festival Safe Play for Children Under 11
- Anna (Young Adults Book) by Laura Guthrie
- Do You Remember Marseilles Charity Single
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival – Top Documentary Picks for Young People
- G20 Festival – U Fix It Cafe and Clothes Swop
- Take 2: Spies in Disguise, GFT
- Living Rent Writers’ Circle
- Campire Club Rousing Rebels, Paisley
- Learn Gaelic – Family Fun Session at NLS Kelvinhall
- Switch Off – Centre for Confidence and Wellbeing
- Glasgow Libraries Christmas Reading Challenge for Kids
- Christmas Play in a Day, for kids Hillhead Library
- Are We In A Book – book launch The Dram
- Take 2: Miniscule Adventure GFT