Sam Perks, ProjectAbility 16th August – 24th September
Preview: Saturday 13th August, 2-4pm*
*Evening Reception: Thursday 1st September, 6-8pm*
Exhibition Dates: 16th August – 24th September
Project Ability is proud to present the first solo exhibition of paintings by Sam Perks. Born in 1995, Sam works in our Create group for young artists, and has developed a distinct painting style during his time working with us. The movement and brush strokes of his compositions can be recognised in each of Sam’s paintings. Using bold brushwork and lots of dripping paint, these abstract paintings have an expressionistic feel to them.
Perks’ use and variation of colours are strong and confident, he has a talent for choosing a sophisticated colour palette and making the most out of the complimentary and contrasting hues and shades. Sam often uses masking tape along the edge to create a clean white border around the image. This further adds to the power and clarity of the expressive brushstrokes.
We believe it is important to nurture our artists, and we think now is the perfect time to give a selection of Sam Perks’ paintings pride of place in our exhibition calendar. Formerly Sam has exhibited in our Young Talent group show, and this year his first solo show will be up at the same time as the Young Talent show. Sam has shown determination, ingenuity and a constant drive to develop his practice. So much so that we hope his success can be an inspiration to our other young artists.
The exhibition will run until 24 September.
103 Trongate, Glasgow G1 5HD
- Befriending Food Experience Celebrate St Andrew’s Day
- Glasgow Hospitals Christmas Concert 2019 Royal Concert Hall
- Book launch: The Light Acknowledgers by Gerry Cambridge
- Telling Invents Told Lis Rhodes
- Winter Fine Art and Antiques Auction, Great Western Auction
- Thomas A Clark: Poet Artist Curator at Creative Converstions
- Charlie Gracie, Donal McLaughlin and Finola Scott CCA
- Artists Moving Image Festival The Tramway
- The Lying King – Glasgow Christmas 2019
- First a Girl, GFT
- Miles Davis: Birth of the Cool GFT
- 2040 at GFT
- Pity Party Film Club I Shot Andy Warhol CCA
- Queer Classics & Matchbox Cineclub City of Lost Souls CCA
- Alan Ereira ALUNA – screening and talk CCA
- Cooking Pot Biting the Hand that Feeds, CCA
- UK Jewish Film Festival 2019 at GFT Glasgow
- Leona GFT
- Depeche Mode Spirits in the Forest
- Michael Hutchence: Mystify GFT