Researching Scotland’s Mountain Women: National Library of Scotland
Falling between the cracks: researching Scotland’s mountain women
Tuesday 15 September, 2020 5 p.m.
Curator Paula Williams explores our collections to find the voices of early women mountaineers and reveal their stories in this webinar.
Women’s writing and voices are often hidden and hushed in cultural heritage collections. Vanishing behind their husband’s names, publishing for a socially critical audience, or simply being banished to a footnote, women are obscured. In preparation for the Library’s forthcoming exhibition, Paula explores the Library’s collections to find the voices of early female mountaineers and reveal their individual stories.
When you book this event, your personal information will be held and used by the National Library of Scotland and Zoom for the purposes of allowing you to join the event. For full information about how the Library will hold and use your personal information, see our privacy pages, in particular our event booking privacy notice
- West End Festival 2021
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride
- Siobhan Miller at Websters Theatre
- Bill W and Dr Bob, Websters Theatre
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- A Christmas Carol- A Hauntingly Hilarious Family Panto!
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Networking Climate Cafe – SCCAN
- Riverside Festival x Turn The Tables