Refugee Festival Scotland 2018
15 – 24 June, 2018
Refugee Festival Scotland celebrates the contribution refugees make to life in Scotland – the food and drink, music and poetry, dance, visual art and ideas that people bring with them when they seek safety in Scotland.
Every June the festival affords people from different background to come together, celebrate diversity and sample something of each other’s culture, listen to stories and get to know each other.
Over thirty refugee community groups will open their doors and participate in the festival.
From Syrian food to Congolese music and poetry, from the Highlands to the Borders, these events show off the vibrancy and diversity of Scotland’s communities.
Most of the events are free and all are friendly, welcoming and full of colour and creativity.
Saturday 16 June at the Hidden Gardens in Glasgow is free and a chance for everyone to mark the beginning of Refugee Festival Scotland 2018.
Hidden Gardens, 25a Albert Drive, Glasgow, G41 2PE
World Refugee Day
Wednesday, 20 June, 2018
World Refugee Day is a time when people around the world gather to acknowledge and pay tribute to all those who have been forced to flee their homes. The day will be marked by standing in solidarity with refugees worldwide and calling on our governments to do more to support refugees and people seeking international protection.
Refugee Festival Scotland is produced and coordinated by Scottish Refugee Council, an independent charity dedicated to providing advice and information to people seeking refugee protection in Scotland. Help campaign for positive change and to build a culture of welcome in Scotland.
To donate to Scottish Refugee Council, text RFGE31 followed by the amount (eg £10) to 70070 or check different ways to donate.
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
Filed under: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
- The Flying Dug Quiz Night, Glasgow
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Chinese Visual Festival 2020
- Bohemia Bespoke Vintage Wedding Fair
- Mobilising for COP 26 – Climate, Justice, Jobs Glasgow
- The Lucky Sparrow Games Cafe Open Day
- Night at the Museum, Burns On Water, University of Glasgow
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Americana City Halls, Celtic Connections 2020
- Matchbox Cineclub Cage-a-rama 2020
- Paisley Book Festival 2020
- Glasgow Canal Festival 2020
- Future Glue Christmas Party
- Christmas Tech Sale at The Dream Machine
- Art on the Exchange Glasgow
- Carols in the Garden, Wilton Street, Glasgow West End
- CinemaAttic – Catalan Film Festival CCA
- Light Up Maryhill
- G20 and The Children’s Wood Christmas Fair
- Wedding Showcase at Cottiers