Public Meeting and Rally Glasgow: Refugees Welcome
Monday 20 June, 2022 7pm
From offshore detention to the Nationality and Borders Act, End the Hostile Environment: All Refugees Welcome!
The rally is part of a set of meetings taking place across other towns and cities around Britain, running alongside Care4Calais and PCS’ legal challenge to the scheme for offshore detention in Rwanda which Stand Up To Racism is supporting nationally.
These rallies, alongside similar events across union conferences, aim to draw together momentum for the campaign to take on the Nationality and Borders Act, plans for offshore detention and challenge the racist hostile environment.
The meeting will be hybrid – a physical event, with a live link up via Zoom for people to also join online.
We are working alongside groups including Care4Calais, the TUC and trade unions and others to organise opposition in conjunction with other organisations and campaigns.
In the wake of one year on from Kenmure Street and this month’s Nicolson Square and Hackney protests that stopped raids following suit, in conjunction with the PCS and Care4Calais successful challenge of the ‘pushbacks’ policy, there is clearly scope to organise broad, united united effective opposition to the British government’s racist hostile environment nationally as well as at the level of the community in every locality.
Come along, invite, share and join the Facebook event, bring friends, family, work colleagues and all fellow anti racists you know… all welcome
This section: Community event, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
- Loch Lomond Highland Games 2022
- Sma’ Shot Day 2022
- Alasdair Gray’s Lanark: A World Made on Paper – The Hunterian
- Journey from Jamaica iBrina – Merchant City Festival
- No Evictions Glasgow Open Meeting
- Letters of Hope, Milk Cafe, Refugee Festival
- Glasgow Pride Mardi Gla – U of G Group
- Young Planters Pop up Plant Sale
- Artist Aid Ukraine – The Pentagon, Glasgow
- The Words – A Play, A Pie and A Pint
- Stories of Our Worlds – Refugee Festival 2022
- Our Past and Present Beautiful Lives: part of Refugee Week
- Eusebi Afternoon Tea – Charity Fundraiser
- Make Music Day 2022
- Glasgow Mela 2022
- Aye Festival – Spit it Out
- Festival of Growing
- Ando Glaso – Roma Cultural Festival
- The Summer of Discontent – Glasgow Against Closures
- Wilton Street Fete