Particle Wave – Glasgow Science Festival 2022
Friday 10 June, 2022 at 7 pm
Under the spectacular dome of the Planetarium at Glasgow Science Centre you can immerse yourself in Particle/Wave.
Directed and produced by Alicia Sometimes, in collaboration with artists, poets, and scientists, and using music and stunning visuals, this fulldome film tells the remarkable century-long story of gravitational waves.
Their existence was predicted by Einstein, and their confirmed discovery won the 2017 Nobel Prize in Physics.
Prof. Martin Hendry of the University of Glasgow will explain how these ripples in the fabric of spacetime can help us to understand the universe.
This experience is open to Adults and interested young adults. Please ensure you arrive at least 10 minutes before the event begins.
After the start the doors will be closed and access will not be permitted.
This event is part of the Glasgow Science Festival 2022.
- A Secret Wrapped in Lead
- Postcards from Scotland Social Gathering and Discussion
- Homeless Project Scotland Fundraiser
- Mansfield Park Street Festival
- The Wanderlust Women – three poems
- Vinicombe Street Gala
- Aye Write: Prof Dame Sue Black ‘The Books that Made Me
- Glasgow West End – Summer Events 2022
- Alma Wolfson – ‘A Painter’s Passion’
- Outi and Nico at Tchai Ovna
- Performers at Glasgow Jazz Festival 2022
- Book Launch: This Script by Jenny Lindsay
- Glasgow Science Festival 2022
- Grease The Musical at Websters Theatre Glasgow West End
- Bend It Like Bertie at Websters
- Wake Up Punk at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Cabaret – 50th Anniversary at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wild Men at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Creative Conversations: Michael Pederson
- Aye Write: The Kavya Prize