Pride Glasgow – 20 and 21 August, 2016
Pride Glasgow 20 and 21 August, 2016
The First 7 acts have been announced for Pride Glasgow 2016. With more announcements still to come
The Pride Glasgow Arena is the main outdoor stage.
Prides are a Scottish synthpop band formed in Glasgow in 2013 and made up of Stewart Brock (piano, lead vocals), Callum Wiseman (guitar, piano, vocals) and Lewis Gardiner (drums). The band performed at the 2014 Commonwealth Games closing ceremony in Glasgow with the track “Messiah” on 3 August 2014.
Karen Harding has had one hell of a year. From launching her smash top 10 debut single ‘Say Something’ on Method Records (Disclosure, Tourist, Lxury), co-written and produced with Grammy-nominated wunderkind MNEK and now certified gold with over 10 million video views, to featuring on infectious dancefloor slayers from rising UK producers Arches and Blonde plus Belgium’s The Magician, the 23 year-old Newcastle girl has been forging her own path with her stand-out style and sizeable vocal talents.
Tall Dark Friend (born Jordan Gray 1989) is the exciting and enigmatic new force in modern music sweeping the UK and beyond with her own enlightened brand of passionate, dark power-pop. Since late 2007 ‘The Friend’ has stormed a great number of high profile venues including guest performances in and around London’s O2 and continues to adorn festival line-ups across the UK and Europe.
- Life is too short online readings and recorded performances
- ‘A Handful of Dates’ Africa in Motion Online
- Historic Significance of Ellisland Farm, Centre for Robert Burns
- The Atom: A Love Affair GFT watch online
- Best of Africa in Motion Shorts – Shoeshine screening online
- BAKOSÓ: AFROBEATS DE CUBA FILM – Africa in Motion
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Create & Connect Showcase. Glasgow Women’s Library
- Live from a Tenement – Chiara Berardelli
- National Theatre Live Events GFT
- Singing with Beth, Live on Facebook
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- Sounds in the Suburbs Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Nice n Sleazy Big Weekend of Streaming Live
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Ian R. Mitchell – Some Images From Glasgow’s Past
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel