Pagliacci, Scottish Opera visits Paisley, July 2018
This summer get ready to experience opera like never before as Scottish Opera goes on a field trip to Paisley. And everyone is invited.
Performances will take place on 26th and 28th July, 2018 at 7pm and 29th July at 3pm
Doors open at 6pm for 7pm shows and 2pm for 3pm show for food and entertainment
Visionary director Bill Bankes-Jones marshals a company of nearly 200, including The Orchestra of Scottish Opera, a cast of international soloists and a professional and community chorus, in this blood and guts tale of love and jealousy.
Inspired by Paisley’s own Sma’ Shot Festival, Pagliacci will be staged festival-style in a huge tented structure – ‘dubbed Paisley Opera House’. This dynamic promenade production has all the fun of the fair as well as food, drink and pre-show entertainment making it an opera extravaganza not to be missed!
Please note: This is a promenade performance within a temporary venue located at Seedhill Sports Ground. Very limited seating is available on request at the time of booking for those who require it. Please wear appropriate footwear and dress according to the conditions.
£15 / £5 under 26
Box Office 0300 300 1210
Box Office, Seedhill Road, Paisley PA1 1QR
- Opening and Closing Galas announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Celine and Julie Go Boating, GFT
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Different from Others with Illustrated Talk, GFT
- Finish Exposure Films from the Arctic
- Waves GFT
- Bombshell GFT
- Chinese Visual Festival 2020
- Coastal Connections Festival 2020 review and photography by Pauline Keightley
- Preview: Parasite + Satellite Q&A with Bong Joon-ho-GFT
- Bohemia Bespoke Vintage Wedding Fair
- Cottiers Burns Supper and Ceilidh
- Burns Night (excellent)
- Burns Night Ceilidh, Stereo
- This is not a Burns Night – Dance of the Underclass
- Burns Baby Burns Dance of the Underclass Aftershow Party
- Cine(thesia) Coming Out, Kelvin Hall
- No Fathers in Kashmir, GFT
- The Personal History of David Copperfield, GFT
- Creative Conversation: Kate Charlesworth, Illustrator and Writer